Obi Hears a Who

Anakin and Ahsoka stood in the center of the Council chamber. Bruises and welts pock-marked their skin, and tufts of Anakin's hair poked out at odd angles.

Neither of them spoke.

"So..." Obi-Wan cleared his throat. "How exactly did you find yourselves in this... predicament."

Ahsoka crossed her arms, glaring at a spot on the floor.

Anakin rubbed the back of his neck, wincing slightly as his fingers brushed over a welt. "Well, we were following that lead on Jakku like you asked, Master. But it took longer than expected so we had to find a place to stay for the night."

Ahsoka's glare deepened.

"There aren't exactly hotels in the deserts of Jakku, but we came across a twi'lek named Hek who said he had some enclosed canopies we could hunker down in for the night and keep the sand off us."

Ahsoka twisted her lip. "He was so creepy. He had this weird obsession with his own lekku..." She grimaced and shook her head as if trying to dispel a bad taste.

Anakin scrunched his own face. "Yeah... I probably should have realized something was wrong when he didn't charge us anything for using his tents..."

She rolled her eyes.

"But we were tired enough that I didn't think anything of it." He shook his head, and let his arm fall back to his side. "Turned out, he breeds rek for a living, and he failed to mention the tents were their nesting ground. As soon as we stepped inside, they swooped down and started dive-bombing us. Their beaks are sharp, Master."

Ahsoka drummed her fingers on her bicep, her brow lowering.

Looks passed between the seated Council members.

Mace turned to Obi-Wan. "What do you make of this?"

"Well..." Obi-Wan stroked his beard. "If on your way through Jakku, you met a Hek obsessed with his lekku... and the tent he lent you was full of rek out to get you... Then it's a Jakku lekku Hek who lent you tents of rek to pick and peck you."

Silence filled the chamber, and if possible, Ahsoka's glare deepened.

Mace rubbed his chin. "This is more serious than I thought..."

The End

Thanks for reading this bit of silliness. :)