𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

∞༺♥༻∞

∞༺♥༻∞

FIVE hours have passed since Ryker took me home and Killian went to work.

I put down Miles and ate some dinner before laying down and scrolling through the texts my mother sent me. I lied when I told Killian she didn't send me anything but in fact she did.

Imogen: You're a selfish whorish bitch, thank God you left.

I felt my chest squeeze at my heart and roll onto my side. The apartment was so quiet you could hear a pen drop and I didn't want to cry. I didn't want her words to affect me but they did.

More than I'd like to admit.

My hand clutched around the phone when I kept glazing my eyes over the numerous text. I didn't get to look a second time because there was a knock at the apartment door.

I tossed my phone down and wiped the few tears that had fallen from my eyes. My feet slipped into my slides and I exited my bedroom approaching the front door. My eyes glanced down at my chest which felt unusually heavy.

"Shit," I muttered and exhaled a shaky breath. When Miles goes to sleep for a bit my milk builds up way too much. When the knock came again I cleared my throat and stood to my tippy toes peering out the peephole.

Ryker stood on the other side with a plate in his hands. My eyebrows furrowed and I moved my fingers to unlock the door before pulling it open.

His eyes lifted to my face but momentarily glanced at my breasts - probably involuntarily.

He gulped, trying to find the words to speak while my eyebrows raised.

"I uh, I brought you some food. I had leftovers after cooking," Ryker held out the plate and I felt a small smile spread onto my lips. I reached forward to take the plate from him, feeling the bottom of it warm the palms of my hands. "Are you okay?"

I guess this seems to be Ryker's favorite thing to ask me - even though he's only asked twice. I don't know what gives away the brief sadness I feel.

"I could be better, it's fine. Thank you for the food," I went to close the door but Ryker gently stopped it. I turned back to see him hesitating before motioning inside the apartment.

"Do you want to talk about it? I get it if you don't, I'm always here if you need to speak," I glanced over my shoulder at the couch and how dark the apartment was getting little by little. I love the dark, it was quite comforting.

"Come in," I cleared my throat letting Ryker step inside. He slipped off his shoes at the door before taking off his puffy jacket and hanging it on the hook. I closed and lock the door behind him before leading us toward the living room.