𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈-𝚂𝙸𝚇

∞༺♥༻∞

∞༺♥༻∞

EVERYDAY that Ryker and I spent in the hospital he spent half of his time in my room. We discussed our wedding ideas for the future since it'd probably be a year till we actually get married. Miles will be two and he'll be our flower boy, we'll both be healed and moved to Boston.

"How does that feel?" The nurse stretched my leg for the first time without me groaning in pain. She was doing all the checks to make sure I was able to go home today and not have my release delayed.

"It feels okay. It doesn't hurt too bad," she smiled and gently placed my leg down. She grabbed her clipboard to write down my recovery so far before exiting the room. Ryker came in a few minutes after, using his crutches to walk. He approached my bedside and placed his crutches against the bed before sitting next to me.

"Hi fiancé," I smiled at Ryker and leaned over to gently kiss him. "You know the nurse probably knows you don't normally use your crutches," Ryker sucked his tongue with a careless shrug before laughing. He slipped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me close to kiss my forehead.

"My ankle feels completely fine. How'd you do on your checkup?" I stared up at him for a moment before looking away with a smile.

"I think I did well. Nothing really hurts too bad," my hands rested on my lower abdomen over the healing cuts. I looked down at my cast where Ryker's parents, Killian, Miles, Ryker, and the whole hockey team had signed my cast. "I kind of feel bad for invading your parent's place till we move," my head rested against Ryker's shoulder.

"Don't feel bad, they're more than happy to have us," Ryker took my hand and intertwined our fingers. "We have a busy year ahead of us, but I wouldn't have it any other way," he kissed the back of my hand before resting them on my chest over my heart.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

After Ryker and I got the release papers from the hospitals his parents helped us grab our things and placed them into the car. I know these medical bills were going to be on my ass and insurance is the last thing I had.

"Here let me help you with that," Ryker's mother gently took the car seat from me and placed it into the car. She buckled the car seat up before closing the door. "I didn't want you to put too much pressure on your leg," she leaned over and kissed my head while Ryker approached me from behind and took my hand.

"Let's get you in the car," he slipped an arm underneath my knees and one on my back to lift me from the ground. My eyes widened and my arms wrapped around his neck. "Bridal style," he walked us to the other side of the backseat and opened up the door. He was careful when placing me in the car and moving to the middle next to miles.

"Thank you, guys," Ryker got into the car and shut the door behind him. I slipped on my seatbelt and attempted to stretch my leg.

"Don't thank us, we'd be happy to let you guys stay," the car started and after everyone was buckled in Mr. Kennedy pulled out of the parking space and the hospital's parking lot. "I'm going to make breakfast when we get to the house, will any of you be hungry?" Ryker's mother looked through the rearview mirror to see me shake my head and Ryker nodded. "Have you already eaten, Maeve?"