𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽

∞༺♥༻∞

∞༺♥༻∞

RYKER and I decided to shower together after I grabbed some clothes from my apartment. I mainly went to see what Miles was doing and the second he saw me he ran over, though he didn't cry or anything when I left.

Thank God.

"Maeve," Ryker lathered my back with scented body wash while I stood there staring blankly ahead. "Sunflower," a sigh escaped my lips and I turned my head when Ryker called me. He lifted a finger to push my wet strands from my face and bit his lip.

"Hm?" I finally answered after a moment of standing in silence. Ryker turned me around and began to lather my chest with soap while his eyebrows pushed together.

"What's wrong?" I quickly shook my head, dismissing any claim that there could be something wrong. "Well you're quiet, talk to me," he took a step forward and rinsed the rag under the water before squeezing it on my back to wash the soap away.

After a few moments of silence, I could see Ryker's face change. He grew instantly nervous which caused me to shift on my feet and lift my gaze to his face.

"What's wrong?" Now I was the one asking what was wrong because it truly did seem like something was wrong. His eyebrows grew closer apart and his lips pinched into a straight line.

"Maeve," Ryker's voice is soft when he calls my name but I could tell he was nervous as well. He gulped deeply and my stomach formed a deep pit. I didn't like how he was treading with his words, it was making things more nerve-racking. "I love you."

I paused, my heart thumping rapidly in my chest. It felt like it'd escape and I lifted a hand to place over it as if keeping it inside my chest.

Normally I'd laugh it off as if the person was joking but seeing how nervous he grew just working up the courage to say it, I knew it was real.

Ryker loves me.

"Fuck, this was probably the wrong time. I just needed to get it out before it ate me alive. You don't have to say anything back, trust me, it's just how I feel right now," a smile formed on my lips hearing Ryker stumble over his words trying to explain himself. The last thing I needed from him was an explanation.

"Ryker," my hands moved to run up his torso, over his chest before clasping my hands behind his neck. Ryker tried to avoid eye contact but I turned my head in the direction his eyes were and caught his eyes again. "I love you more."

His eyebrows furrowed again, this time deeper. His hands moved to grip my waist and pull my body to his. He pressed our beating hearts against each other, despite the height difference, and shook his head.