pt.7

After Gabrielle was convinced that she was with the real Xena, they headed out to try and find a way to stop both the doppelgangers. Along with whoever was behind all this.

GABRIELLE
Any idea what we're gonna do?

XENA
Don't know yet. But whatever happens we have to stay together. If we don't give them the opportunity for one of them to slip in place of one of us while their gone, then they can't do anything.

GABRIELLE
Okay, sounds simple enough.

XENA
Let's hope so.

Xena and Gabrielle continued looking for any sort of clues that could help lead them to finding their copies.

GABRIELLE
Wouldn't it be quicker to find whoever's behind this?

XENA
It would be. But if we don't know where to look, we're probably never gonna find them. But we know our fakes are walking around out here. And I'm willing to bet they're not very far. They're most likely watching us, waiting for an opportunity to step in and try something.

GABRIELLE
So how do we get them to show themselves?

XENA
We split up.

GABRIELLE
Wait, but you just said we should stick together. What will splitting up accomplish anyway?

XENA
Relax, we're not actually gonna separate. We're just going to make them think we are. Then when one of them shows up,

GABRIELLE
We can interrogate them to find out who's doing this and where to find them.

XENA
Exactly.

GABRIELLE
Okay so how do we do this?

XENA
I'll stay around here out in the open. You go hide nearby and wait for my signal.

GABRIELLE
Got it.

With that, Gabrielle left Xena seemingly alone and hid nearby. The two of them waited for the fakes to show up. Xena sat on a rock as she pretended to idlely sharpen her sword. Figuring if she looked more relaxed, the fake would be more likely to reveal themselves. Some time passed by. Xena was still sitting there, when she suddenly heard yelling.

GABRIELLE
Xena!!

XENA
Gabrielle?

Xena heard Gabrielle's yell coming from where she was hiding. Figuring the copies had found her, Xena raced towards where Gabrielle's voice was coming from.  She looked where Gabrielle should've been, but she was gone. Then she heard Gabrielle call for her again. It sounded like she was in trouble. Xena quickly took off running towards the sound of Gabrielle's voice. As she ran, it seemed like Gabrielle was getting further away. Finally up ahead Xena saw her fake had a hold of Gabrielle. She was trying to tie her hands and feet together as Gabrielle tried to fight her off.

XENA
Hey!

The fake Xena looked at her.

XENA
You keep your hands off her.

Xena grabbed her chakrum and threw it at her fake. The fake Xena quickly got out of the way. Allowing Gabrielle to get away from Xena's doppelganger. She ran to Xena's side.

GABRIELLE
I don't see the fake me around. Do you?

XENA
No. But keep an eye out. I doubt she's far. Let's deal with my imposter before yours shows up.

GABRIELLE
Right. We need to get her to talk, that's what's important here. I just hope she doesn't match you in skill too. Or this is gonna be difficult.

Xena readied her sword.

XENA
Let's find out.

Xena let out her battle cry as she jumped in and began fighting her doppelganger. Their swords clashed. Xena swiftly kicked her fake back. But the copy quickly hopped back up and smirked.

FAKE XENA
Is that the best you can do?

XENA
Not even close.

The fight between the real and fake Xena continued. Xena saw Gabrielle ready to step in, but insisted that she stay out of it.

XENA
Oh no, she's mine. You just be ready to help when I take this poor excuse for a copy down.

Xena continued to face off against her Imposter. The fake was clearly no match for the actual warrior princess. She kicked the fake hard and sent her flying back. The imposter Xena landed hard on the ground. Xena walked up to her.

XENA
I feel like I should be insulted if this is the best they could come up with for me.

Xena grabbed her fake and pulled her back to her feet. Xena held on to her making sure she couldn't escape.

XENA
Alright start talking, who put you up to this.

FAKE XENA
Now why would I tell you that?

XENA
You know if you're gonna try impersonating someone, you should really study up on them better.

Xena put her pinch on her fake.

XENA
Now start talking.

The Xena imposter struggled. But wouldn't say anything.

XENA
Come on times gonna run out soon.

Xena saw fear set in for her fake.

FAKE XENA
I...

GABRIELLE
Xena, enough. She's clearly not gonna talk.

Xena ignored her as she continued waiting.

FAKE XENA
I'm...

GABRIELLE
Xena!

FAKE XENA
I...

Xena felt Gabrielle grab her arm.

GABRIELLE
This isn't working. You're gonna kill her. And that's not gonna get us any closer to figuring this out.

Annoyed, Xena finally released the hold. She stood up as her fake gasped.

GABRIELLE
What should we now? We're clearly not getting anything out of her.

XENA
Maybe we can find your fake and see if we have better luck. It worked once already.

GABRIELLE
Might be worth a shot. Now we just have to find her.

XENA
Sience they're working together I doubt she's far.

Gabrielle agreed.

XENA
Alright let's get going.

GABRIELLE
What should we do with her?

She motioned to the fake Xena. Who was still trying to recover from Xena's pinch. Xena thought. Then Gabrielle came up with a suggestion.

GABRIELLE
We could just tie her up until we get the fake me and figure it out then.

XENA
Works for me.

Gabrielle went over tied the imposter Xena to a tree.

GABRIELLE
Okay that should do it.

XENA
Good let's get going.

Xena and Gabrielle continued on to try to find answers so they could put a stop to whoever was pulling the strings behind everything.

TO BE CONTINUED...