pt.12

Xena stood alone, unsure of where everyone had gone.

XENA
Gabrielle?!

Xena didn't hear anything back. She didn't see anyone around her.

XENA
(Thinking to herself) What did Callisto do? I need to find Gabrielle and find out what's going on now.

Xena walked around looking for Gabrielle. She called out for her again. Again she heard nothing. As she searched the Gabrielle, suddenly Xena heard someone whisper.

?
(Whisper) Xena...

XENA
Gabrielle?

Xena looked around for the source of the voice. Then Xena heard Callisto laugh. She readied her sword.

XENA
Alright Callisto show yourself.

CALLISTO
What's the matter Xena can't find me? Hmm I wonder where Gabrielle could be too?

XENA
What did you do? Where am I? Where's Gabrielle?

Xena only heard Callisto laugh in response.

XENA
I'm well passed being sick of these tricks. Callisto, when I find you...

CALLISTO
What are you gonna do Xena, kill me? I'm already dead. You've already done everything you  could to me.

XENA
I wouldn't count on that.

CALLISTO
(Sarcasm) Ooo I'm so scared.

Callisto took a more serious tone for a moment.

CALLISTO
You made my life miserable Xena. You made me suffer. Then when I found a slight bit of joy after seeing Gabrielle fall into that pit with Hope those years ago, like the cold hearted monster you are, you killed me.  But now it's my turn to make you suffer Xena. Well more than I already have.

XENA
Aren't you tired of all this?

CALLISTO
Hmmm let me think. No.

Callisto laughed again.

XENA
I don't have time for this. I need to find Gabrielle. Gabrielle!

GABRIELLE
Xena!

Xena heard Gabrielle's voice in the distance. She ran towards her voice. As Xena ran she saw Callisto ahead of her. She ran faster towards her and let out an angery yell as she readied her sword to attack.

XENA
Aaa!

Meanwhile during this time Gabrielle had been trying to find Xena.

GABRIELLE
(Talking to herself) Where am I? I don't see any sign of Xena, Callisto or Ares anywhere. That damn Callisto. Are we ever gonna be rid of her for good?

ARES
Yeah she can be, a bit much.

A little startled, Gabrielle turned to see Ares standing there behind her.

GABRIELLE
And yet you working with her.

Ares shrugged.

GABRIELLE
Okay Ares where are we? What did Callisto do with Xena?

ARES
Oh I'm sure she's around here somewhere.

GABRIELLE
You're doing it again.

ARES
Doing what?

GABRIELLE
You're being intentionally vague. What's Callisto up to?

ARES
Sorry can't say.

GABRIELLE
Why are the two of you even working together? That doesn't really fit you Ares.