pt.14

Callisto stood above Gabrielle, ready to force Xena to watch as she killed Gabrielle right in front of her. Due to her injury Gabrielle couldn't defend herself or even really move. Callisto seemed to be savoring the,moment. She smiled at Xena, who dispite having her chakrum embedded in her back from stopping it from hitting Gabrielle. She was franticly trying to drag herself over to Gabrielle. Callisto watched as Xena covered Gabrielle, trying to shield her with her own body.

GABRIELLE
Xe-na.

XENA
Shhh, I'm here.

Xena winsed in pain. Neither Gabrielle or Xena knew how they were going to get out of this. Callisto was far too powerful and they were both too injured to stop her. Xena smiled at Gabrielle.

XENA
It looks like this might be it for us huh. Even after everything we've been through, I'm glad you were by my side for all of it.

GABRIELLE
I... never want... to be anywhere... else.

CALLISTO
Oh enough. I swear the two of you make me sick. Especially you!

Callisto ripped the Chakrum from Xena's back. Xena yelled in pain as she felt the weapon being torn from her flesh. Then she kicked Xena in the ribs, sending her a liitle ways off. Then Callisto looked at Gabrielle and Xena's chakrum in her hand. Xena began to crawl back over. Thoughts of her and Gabrielle in her mind.

XENA
(thinking to herself) I can't let it end like this.

CALLISTO
I couldn't get Xena to kill you herself, so I guess killing you with her own weapon while she watches instead could work too. I think doing it with my own two hands will be more fun.

Callisto went move in for the kill, when she felt something. She looked down at her feet, seeing Xena grabbing her ankle as she tried to get up.

CALLISTO
You really don't know when to quit do you?

XENA
No.

Using her free foot, Callisto stomped on Xena. But Xena didn't let go.

CALLISTO
Get off me.

She stomped on Xena again. And again Xena held tight. Xena looked up at her with a firey determination in her eyes.

XENA
Make me.

Callisto scowled. Irritated by Xena's continued defiance dispite being out matched.

CALLISTO
You know I'm surprised, I really didn't think I could hate you any more than I already did.

XENA
(Sarcasm) Guess I'm just full of surprises.

Xena swiftly yanked Callisto's foot from under her. Callisto fell to the ground. As soon as she did, Xena fought to get her chakrum from Callisto's grasp. Callisto tried, but couldn't seem to get Xena off. She looked over at Ares, who seemed to be enjoying himself watching the scuffle.

CALLISTO
Feel free to step in anytime.

ARES
Even with all that power you've been given, you really can't fight off an injured Xena?

CALLISTO
I don't get it either.

After struggling for a bit, Callisto finally managed to get Xena off of her and got up.

XENA
You'd be surprised by what people people can do when it comes to protecting what matters most to them.

Xena slowly rose up to her feet.

XENA
I'm going to show you that when it comes to Gabrielle, i'm far stronger because of her. And you made a big mistake thinking otherwise.

ARES
Now this I gotta see.

Xena momentarily glanced over at Ares.

XENA
I'll deal with you later. But first...

Xena's focus returned to Callisto.

XENA
This madness needs to end.

Callisto laughed.

CALLISTO
(Sarcasm) Oh is this the part where against all odds the great hero Xena, rises back up and takes down her adversary? What is this one of Gabrielle's little stories? Give me a break.

Xena smirked a little.

XENA
Well she dose write non-fiction. So I suppose it could be.

Callisto watched as Xena slowly walked over and picked up her sword. Figuring it didn't make any difference if Xena was armed or not. With her powers and Xena's current condition, she'd be able to finish Xena at any time she wished. So why not have a little more fun before then. Besides Gabrielle was still alive. And Callisto still intended on making Xena watch as she killed her.

CALLISTO
Fine then. I'll just have to make sure you can't move before I give you a front row seat for Gabrielle's death. Shouldn't be too hard.

Xena glared at her as she readied her sword.

XENA
Then come and try.

Callisto gave an evil smile.

CALLISTO
Oh I'm gonna do far more than try, Xena.

Xena felt the earth below her begin to shake. Callisto's eyes began to glow again as a red aura manifested around her. She hovered slightly off the ground. She radiated nothing but pure evil. So much so that it even sent a chill down Ares' spine.

ARES
Well this has been fun, but I think I should really be going now.

XENA
What's wrong Ares, don't wanna stay for the show down? I thought you liked to watch me fight.

ARES
I'm sure I'll get the details later, if you survive. Now if you'll excuse me.

Ares disappeared. Leaving Xena and Gabrielle alone with a full powered Callisto.

XENA
(talking to herself) Ha, some God of War. Coward.

Xena looked at Callisto. Callisto laughed as she relished in finally revealing all of the power that had been given to her. This was the first time she had unleashed it. And it felt amazing. Both Xena and Gabrielle looked on as Callisto refocused on them once again.

GABRIELLE
Gods..., what is... she?

XENA
A monster.

They heard Callisto's voice become distorted and demonic.

DEMONIC CALLISTO
Yes, that's exactly what you made me. And now you will be destroyed by the very thing that you created. Time to say goodbye Xena.

Callisto laughed as she aimed her hand at Xena. Xena could barely stand, she knew that whatever Callisto was about to throw at her, she wouldn't be able to dodge. She glanced back at Gabrielle. Knowing that even if she did Callisto's attack would hit Gabrielle. So Xena had no choice but to make her stand right there. Whatever Xena choose to do in the next few moments, would seal both her's and Gabrielle's fates.

TO BE CONTINUED...