pt.9

The two sides stood across from each other. Xena drew her sword and pointed it towards the other side.

XENA
I've had enough of this nonsense. It's time to put a stop to this.

Gabrielle readied herself to fight as well.

GABRIELLE
I actually agree with you about that.

The fake Xena stood behind Gabrielle and quietly spoke so the real Xena couldn't hear.

FAKE XENA
Remember look for the X. If you don't see it, that's not the real me. So don't hold back. Don't hesitate. Because they won't.

GABRIELLE
Don't worry I got it.

The fake Xena gave an evil smile that Gabrielle didn't see.

FAKE XENA
Good.

On the other side of the battlefield, Gabrielle's imposter was reinforcing that both of Xena's opponents were fakes.

FAKE GABRIELLE
We need to get rid of these imposters already.

Xena stared down her opponents. Still angered by being tricked before.

XENA
We will.

The fake Gabrielle noticed that Xena's anger was simmering just below the surface.

FAKE GABRIELLE
(thinking to herself) This is almost too easy. They're really falling for this ruse hook, line and sinker.

Xena glared at her opponents. She clenched her fist.

XENA
This ends here and now.

She looked at who she thought was Gabrielle, making sure she was ready to go.

FAKE GABRIELLE
Let's finish this.

Xena looked back ahead and stood ready to fight.

XENA
Attack!

Xena lead the charge towards her Imposter and who she thought was the fake Gabrielle. Gabrielle's imposter followed close behind.

FAKE XENA
Come on, time to end this.

GABRIELLE
I'm with you Xena.

Xena's fake ran in. With the real Gabrielle by her side,  they raced towards the other two. Both sides charged towards each one another. Finally they met face to face. Both Xena's swung and clashed swords. As the real and fake Gabrielle's locked up as well. And so the battle between the actual Xena and Gabrielle and their imposters had begun. But with them unaware that they were both fighting alongside their enemy. And against one another. The sounds of steel hitting steel, yells and battle cries rang through the air as the two sides fought. As the battle waged on Xena's imposter looked at the fake Gabrielle and gave a slight nod. A few moments later the fake Xena backed off. She quickly hurled her chakrum towards the two Gabrielle's.

XENA
Gabrielle!

The fake Gabrielle intentionally let her arm get hit. She let out a painful yell as she backed away. The actual Gabrielle saw the opening and went in to finish her. She was poised to strike when Xena jumped in front of her blocking her swing with her sword. Gabrielle looked at Xena's arm and didn't see an X. So as far as she knew that was the fake Xena. Xena gave her an ice cold stare.

XENA
(cold tone) You.

GABRIELLE
Is this the best you can do?

XENA
Oh I can do plenty. You just wait and see.

With that Xena pushed Gabrielle back. With that exchange both the real Xena and Gabrielle unknowingly began facing off. Xena swung her sword. Gabrielle quickly dodged, then unleashed a counter attack. Xena blocked.

GABRIELLE
(thinking to herself)  Damn she's good. She fights just like Xena. They really did their research. But as much as she might look and fight like her, she's no Xena. I know I can take her.

The fight continued on.

XENA
(Thinking to herself) I've been waiting to get my hands on you. I'm gonna make you pay for what you did.

As the two were distracted with fighting each other, they didn't notice the imposter Xena walk over and put out her hand, helping the fake Gabrielle up.

FAKE XENA
Nice work.

FAKE GABRIELLE
I thought so. Now we just watch and wait.

FAKE XENA
Is the master watching?

FAKE GABRIELLE
You don't think master would miss this do you? Especially when Xena kills Gabrielle and then realizes what she's done. The master wouldn't miss that for the world. She's definitely watching.

FAKE XENA
Well I hope She's enjoying the show.

The two fakes laughed. Then they continued watching as Xena and Gabrielle fought.

FAKE XENA
I wonder how long it'll take.

FAKE GABRIELLE
For what?

FAKE XENA
For Xena to kill Gabrielle.

TO BE CONTINUED...