pt.11

Xena and Gabrielle stood side by side before Ares and the one who had set everything into motion.

XENA
Callisto. Shouldn't you be dead.

Callisto gave an evil smile.

CALLISTO
Oh Xena I missed tormenting you so much, I just couldn't stay away.

XENA
I wasn't aware that Hell was just letting people come and go as they please.

CALLISTO
Yes well you just seem to have enemies all over Xena, including there. So...

XENA
I take it you're the one who's been behind all these tricks.

CALLISTO
You like? Of course as much as I'd like to say this was all me, I did have help. I mean I can't just make people look however I want. But the plan as a whole, now that was my idea.

XENA
Let me guess you figure that the best way to hurt me is through Gabrielle.

CALLISTO
Always so smart Xena. I figured that you would get that part.

GABRIELLE
Well you're plan failed.

CALLISTO
Did it?

GABRIELLE
Both of us know who the other is. You might've succeeded in confusing us for a while, but that won't work anymore.

CALLISTO
You think so? Because you seem to be missing some rather important information.

XENA
And just what would that be?

CALLISTO
Oh nothing, just some new powers that were given to me by the ruler of Hell to accomplish this little mission of mine.

XENA
Is that so. Then I guess I'll just have to send you back to Hell with a message.

CALLISTO
(Sarcasm) Oh, do tell Xena.

Xena pointed her sword at callisto.

XENA
Anyone who tries to come between me and Gabrielle will pay.

GABRIELLE
We have a bond that can't be broken. So if I were you, I'd just give up now.

Callisto let out an evil laugh.

CALLISTO
Ah yes that special little bond the two of you share. You seem quite confident that nothing will ever sever that. We'll see about that. By the time I'm done here I will have cut those ties that bind you together. And you Xena will be left with nothing but pain and misery.

XENA
I've heard enough of this, time to send you back to where you came from.

Xena quickly hurled her chakrum at Callisto. Callisto just stood there as it flew towards her. Just as Xena's chakrum was about to hit, it suddenly stopped. It just hung there in midair, barely inches from Callisto's face.

XENA
What?

Callisto smiled as she put up one finger and lightly tapped the chakrum. Quickly it launched back at Xena, who quickly ducked out of the way. Both Xena and Gabrielle looked at Callisto.

CALLISTO
You like? That was just a little sample of my new power. I think before I get to the main event, I'll give you a little show of what I can do. I mean what would be the point of having all this power if I don't torture you with it?

Xena glared at Callisto.

GABRIELLE
Why can't we ever seem to completely get rid of her?

XENA
I'm tired of this too. Let's hurry up and get this over with.

GABRIELLE
Right, I'm with you Xena.

Callisto idlely stood across from Xena and Gabrielle. She looked over at the imposters.