Chapter 7

"okay I Need a few things" Shelby said walking into the cave. "I need cooking tongs, a cauldron, and sunflower seeds."

She walked into the main part of the cave as the boys gave the trio questioning looks. Nat left Paul's side and retrieved the spell book the trio brought from home. Marko raced around and gave Shelby a pair of tongs and
a... Orange trafic cone. Shelby gave him a bewildered look.

"I said cauldron..." Marko shrugged. "do you think we just have a cauldron just lying around?" Shelby looked over and saw the all the random things in the cave. Like a fountain, a pin-ball machine, and basically everything except a cauldron... Not even a pot.

Shelby just sighed and brushed it off. "give me the jewelry" Shelby held out her hand as Nat started a small fire in the trafic cone that was now upside down and in the growned. Ashlee added the ingredients making the fire turn into a red smoke.

"Ashlee you got the spell ready?" Ashlee nodded as she flipped through the book. Shelby first picked up Laddie's bracelet and held it above the smoke with the cooking tongs.

Ashlee spoke out the spell and as Shelby hovered the bracelet around the cone as smoke surrounded it then puffed in the air. After Ashlee spoke the Latin she trailed off and had a look of cringe as she stared at Shelby.

"did I say it right?" Shelby nodded and hand it to Laddie. After that she did the exact same thing with each piece of jewelry.

"they are daylight jewelry" Shelby spoke as she put her necklace back on. "you can walk in the sun" David looked down at his skull ring impressed.

"thanks guys" Dwayne spoke slipping his daylight rign over his finger.

Marko got rid of the smoking Trafic cone as the others got ready for bed or to go back out into the town.

🔺▪️🔻▪️🔺▪️🔻▪️🔺

"alright!" Max came into the cave with Paul in one had and Marko in the other. "who did? Huh?" he looked around then pointed at Shelby who was setting side ways in David's wheelchair thron. "it was you, wasn't?"

Shelby shrugged and went back to her book. Max dropped the two boys and scurried away. David sighed and stood behind the wheelchair with his hands in his coat.

"What can we do for you, max?" Max turned to where David and Shelby was. "you know what you can do for me? Turn the damn Emerson boys!" Shelby raised en eyebrow.

"what do you want with Sam and Michael?" Nat asked. Max ignored the question and pointed to Dwayne and David. "you could have it done already but instead you changed the three stooges"

Ashlee smiled and threw a crushed monster can at the back of his head. Before he could even turn around her and Marko zoomed off laughing. Max fuffed at all the nonsense and walked away. "just get it done!"

"excuse me Maxwell!" Shelby shouted making him stop. "yes, max I got a question"

He sighed. "yes, what?"

"who died and made you boss?" Dwayne spit out it drink in surprise and the boys shared shocked expression except David he was quite amused. But no one talked to max like that, the boys warned the trio to that, but Shelby didn't care.

Max scowled at her. He was about charge at her but he knew the rule. The trio was now under the boys protection. And he was sure as hell not gonna threaten them while the boys were standing there.

"you have until tomorrow night" he said bitterly and left the cave. Shelby rolled her eyes. Michael was due to join the pack.

As the plane was set in motion on to how they were gonna looler him in there was also bets placed on to how long he'd last with the seven of them.