Chapter 13

The trio raced back to the cave and saw Grampas car was parked. The three ran in to see Edgar about to stake a sleeping Marko. Ashlee's eyes bugged out and she charged at him.

He landed into the gavel and Ashlee drew blood as the other three woke up. Sam, who didn't want to be there in the first place screamed in terror. Allen charged as Shelby with a stake. Before the piece of wood could make contact David jumped in front of her and broke the stake over his knee with rage on his face.

"you touch her it will be the last thing you ever do" David growled. Allen backed up then flinched when he heard his brothers cries. A chunk of Edgar's arm was ripped of thanks to Ashlee. Marko stood proud of his girl dispite the pure fear he was feeling of almost dying.

Nat spotted a piece of bolder and picked it up. They took it and threw it and hit the back of Allen's head as he pulled his brother out of the cave.

"and stay out!" Paul shouted and launched an empty beer bottle at the car as it sped away.

Shelby turned to David with a look of worry. "are you okay?" he didn't say anything just pulled her into a tight hug. Dwayne looked at him with surprise while Marko snickered like he knew all along.

Dwayne then turned to Ashlee with his hand on her cheek checking her over. "you guy's okay? They didn't hurt you too bad?"

"we're fine" Nat said trying to resure Paul. Paul nodded with a serious face. He then sighed and leaned down giving Nat a quick kiss.

Marko was the first to cheer. David and Shelby rolled their eyes but had a smile on their faces happy for the two. Dwayne still being the quiet and private type quickly kissed Ashlee on the cheek not wanting to drawl attention to himself like Paul and Nat did.

The celebration was cut short when Shelby looked around with panic on her face. "wait, where's Laddie?"

David and the others looked around not seeing him. Dwayne, Ashlee and Shelby were the first to really start panicking when they called out his name but no response. The group checked the whole cave but no dice.

"those basterds probably too him" Dwayne growled.

"well we're getting our kid back" Shelby said grabbing her wired covered bat then charged out the cave with Dwayne and Ashlee close behind.