Chapter 12

Elizabeth was getting antsy, she had eight weeks to go, which meant at least one more until she met her best friend's brother. They had fully set up the nursery, and started making the house more baby friendly. She was currently walking around and talking to Delilah and her sisters, a bowl of honey Cheerios balanced on her bump, "You are ridiculous", Delilah muttered as Elizabeth shielded the bowl with her hands, "That's gonna fall".

"Why else do you think I'm covering the bowl with my hands?"

Delilah snorted as Ashle spoke up, "Me and Mary gotta go, don't be stupid, please".

Elizabeth giggled as her sisters kissed the crown of her head in turn, "Bye!"

The moment her sister closed the front door her Cheerios dropped from the door, her bottom lip started to wobble and tears sprang to her eyes, "Lilah".

Delilah jumped up and grabbed the dropped bowl, "We can get you something else to eat, it's okay, shh. We can go get a burger or something"

"Can we get ice-cream?"

"Get your slides on, and a jacket".

Delilah and Elizabeth slouched in a booth, Delilah eating a scoop of rum and raisin on a cone, "Who likes rum and raisin?"

"Liz, you have mint choc chip, English toffee, and what is that?"

"Tiger tail, orange with black licorice".

"Your pregnancy is fucking your taste buds up", Delilah stuck her tongue out at Elizabeth.

Elizabeth retaliated by sticking her tongue out, "The babies want what the babies want".

"Amazing excuse, Eliza".

She shrugged and ate a big scoop of ice cream, causing Delilah to scrunch her nose up in disgust, "Go back to balancing Cheerios on your bump".

"I don't want Cheerios".

"Eh, Boyd tried talking to you yet?"

"No, I don't think he'll come back until my water's broken. He's already missed most the pregnancy, what's eight more weeks".

"You officially ended it yet?"

"Nope, just keeps saying he's taking a break and he'll be back in a week, I'm 99.9% sure that when I was sleep deprived last week I texted him saying that I'm not waiting for him anymore"

"Good".

Elizabeth grinned and placed a hand on her bump, she only had eight more weeks.