Chapter 21

Boyd bounced the baby on his knee, ignoring his ex's best friend who was currently very busy glaring at him. "So I missed her birthday?"

"The birth too, and the aftermath of losing a baby. But hey! Who's holding grudges?"

Delilah snapped, narrowing her eyes at the man. "Lilah, get out, we need groceries", Elizabeth said softly, "Calm down and go shopping". Delilah sighed and stood up before stomping out of the room. Elizabeth turned to Boyd, "What do you want?"

Boyd shrugged, "I wanted to see my daughter. I assume there's not an issue with that", he said slowly, smiling and slightly shaking Eli's body from side to side so it looked like she was dancing.

Elizabeth shrugged and crossed her arms, leaning against the doorframe, "I have an issue with you coming and going as you please. You said you wanted out, you left. You need to choose", she said, walking towards the two and holding her hands out for her baby.

Boyd brought the baby closer to him, "I'm holding her, you can wait".

Elizabeth placed her weight on her left leg and cocked her head, waiting for something. Eli cried. Boyd recoiled. Elizabeth grinned, "Give me my baby", she said, holding her hands out again.

Boyd reluctantly handed Elizabeth the baby and waited patiently until she came back. Eli was asleep, tucked away in her bassinet, "Where's Eli?"

"Sleeping. It's nap time, which you would know if you were here", Elizabeth snapped, "What do you want?"

"I wanted to see her. I want to see her, even if it's just a few hours a month, please".

Elizabeth thought for a second, "Second weekend every month you can come see her for the day. You stay here though, with Lilah, Adam, or I. You miss and don't have a decent excuse you're done. Understand?"

"Perfectly", Boyd said sourly, "I understand you perfectly".