Chapter 17

Eli giggled as her mother pulled a face at the child. The child was currently lying on a mat on the floor while her mother hovered over her and attempted to make her laugh. It had been a week since Delilah found Elizabeth on the floor in the nursery, meaning the giggly baby was currently two months old. Delilah and Lizzie had been working on a feeding schedule and spent their spare time hoping Eli wouldn't get colic. It marvelled the two at how much Eli changed since she was born, now she was reaching out for the hanging toys on her mat and sucking on her fingers, and despite being premature Eli was a chubby baby, she had lots of rolls at her legs and arms, which made Delilah coo at her constantly. "I love chubby babies, I just wanna squish their cheeks and eat them up!"

Elizabeth faux glared at her best friend, "Eat other babies, not mine", she gently rolled Eli onto her stomach as Delilah came to sit with them.

"How many feeds today?"

"Five, hopefully only three more. Would be better if it was less", the mother muttered as she trained her eyes on her baby.

"Hopefully that means we can sleep tonight", Delilah cheered as she glanced at the Simpson's on TV.

Elizabeth snorted, "Keep dreaming, Torrens".

Delilah pouted but deep down she knew Eli was never going to let them have a full nights rest, slowly she pulled something out of her pocket and handed it to Liz, "I thought this was cute".

"A pacifier?"

Delilah nodded exuberantly, "It's cute isn't it?"

Elizabeth glanced down at the Minnie Mouse pacifier before nodding softly, "Maybe it'll help, we're not supposed to swaddle her as much anymore"

"Aww, but she's so cute swaddled!"

"Prepare to say good-bye to that, not allowed to after she can roll onto her stomach", Elizabeth said softly before rolling Eli onto her back and lifting her. 
Elizabeth held Eli's face close to her own and made a fish face, Eli cooed and smiled, Elizabeth followed her fish face with crossing her eyes, Eli burst into tears. "Did you scare the poor thing?"

Delilah grabbed the baby, "Did your mean mommy scare you? You poor child", she said as she hugged the child to her chest. 

Elizabeth scoffed but stood up, "Want food?"

"The fuck question is that? Yes, I want food", Delilah gulped when she was shot a glance, "Oopsies, sorry Eli, don't retain my habits".

Elizabeth nodded before walking out of the living room and into the kitchen, she smiled softly when the sound of Eli's giggles and cooing overtook her wails and shrieks. Eli was definitely going to be a giggly baby.