4

When I woke up in the morning, a sharp pain plagued both of my knees, forcing me to swing my body weight from one side to the other in desperate hope of finding some temporary relief.

But the pain can't compare to the one in my heart. Surely this pain would stop soon. Surely there's an end to this. I wasn't so sure and was ready to give up because of it.

I stroked my eyes while staring at my hands and legs, trying to figure out a way to relieve myself of this pain.

My entire body was trembling now. Weak and exhausted, it cost me all my remaining strength to keep fighting. I need to see Zhan ge next week Saturday and he can't see me in pain. It will hurt him more.

But I realized this was going to be a long day, but I am determined to not let this pain make this day an unfruitful one, so I stood up and went to the bathroom.

Picked up a wet towel and came to the room to clean the dry blood off of the floor, changed the bed sheet. Went to the bathroom and had a shower. I wince when the water touches the cuts on my body but the pain subsided. I had a long hot shower.

When I finished bathing I Bandaged my wrist and the cuts on my legs. Wore a black and white hoodie with skinny black jeans and my converse. Took painkillers and went to the restaurant

When I got to the restaurant, I was greeted by our staff and I walked into our office.

I sat on the chair and rested my head on the table. Took a deep breath and wore my fake smile. Calming my racing heart when I heard a knock on the door and before I could answer.

"Cheng badged in"

"What the fuck did I hear happen to Zhan?"

Good to see you too, Cheng. I frowned.

"Have a seat" I said sadly.

He sat down staring at me before he spoke.

I just got back last night and my dad told me some things that aren't adding up. I don't understand. "I want you to explain everything that happened from the beginning without leaving anything out." he brought out a jotter and a pen from his bag.

Flashback.
Five and a half years ago, I had just graduated from high school. But it started earlier than that. There was a boy in my school his name was Xue Yang, he is obsessed with me but he has a friend, Zhu Zanjin who is obsessed with him. He is oblivious to him and chased me instead.

"I told him several times I was not interested and that I had someone I am in love with."

But he didn't stop, Zhu Zanjin and his friends started to bully me. When Xue Yang found out he threatened Zhu Zanjin to talk to his friends to stop bullying me or he will stop being friends with him. That was how they stopped bullying me.

But I still wasn't interested in Xue Yang. I avoided him and once in a while Zhu Zanjin and his friend would open my locker and cut my books into pieces but I never confronted him, I understand he was just jealous, the person he is obsessed over doesn't even love him.

Zhan ge worked in your father's quarry for years. two years before I graduated he got sick. We took him to the hospital and they said he was expose to crystalline silica. Blast fumes contaminate the air, and sodium cyanide and its reaction products can also cause serious illness.

But Zhan ge explained to the doctor he always wore gloves for handling abrasives, goggles, and jackets. Maybe they should run the test again.

He gave us a note and told us to go and run the tests in another hospital and come back with the test results.