31

Yibo's pov.

I woke to warm sunlight casting across my eyelids.

The intensity of it forced my eyes open and I found myself gazing up at a white-painted ceiling with pale blue and navy blue swirls decorated across it, like the waves of a deep blue sea, crashing onto the white sandy shores of a beach.

I slowly turned my head to the left, staring at the white curtains across a tall window, billowing out and allowing the rays of golden sunlight to seep through. The sunlight trailed across a redwood floor,
across the white and blue designed bed and I slowly turned my head to the right now, staring at the person who lay beside me.

I no longer woke in a cold sweat and scared. I no longer woke to loneliness.

I woke to Xiao Zhan, the boy who took me off the street. The man who loves me endlessly and went to prison for me. We moved into our new apartment that held memories of the day he left me and went to die. I still have nightmares but I and Zhan ge are seeing someone, so hopefully, they become history and not nightmares anymore.

He lay there in complete peace and quiet, not even awakened by the sun that gleamed across his face and hair; hair that was long and pitch black, spread across his pillow like a spill of ink. His eyes were closed in sleep, long, black lashes contrasting sharply with his porcelain skin. The blankets and sheets only reached to his waist, the rest of his body revealed to me. A pale, muscular torso that rippled with as much power as it did beauty. A faint dust of hairs lazily led down, down, down to his groin that was hidden by the sheets.

I rolled onto my side to face him, gazing at him as he slept. He preferred to sleep into the afternoons most days, and I usually allowed him, but today we had a court case to attend, and being late was not an option.

Of course, I knew one excellent way to wake this sexy man up.

I scooted closer until my body was right up against his, reaching my hand out to stroke his chest, running my palm over the dips and curves of his muscles, my fingers pausing to rub circles around his nipples.
He moaned in his sleep, tilting his head to the side to face me. I smiled slowly, watching those eyelids lift open to reveal a pair of sleepy, yet still powerfully crystal-brown eyes. A lazy smile swept across his face, his teeth glinting in the sunlight teasingly.

"Good morning, love." He murmured sleepily, reaching up to place his hand over mine on his chest. I smiled a little more, then leaned forward to kiss him gently on the lips. He kissed me back, sighing afterwards as he tilted his head to look up at the ceiling thoughtfully before looking back at me.

"What time is it?" He asked. I propped myself up onto an elbow, peering over him to the wooden nightstand beside the bed where a potted spiral garden sat, the flowers blooming open to greet us and the sun. Beside it was a sleek white alarm block that read in bright blue numbers that it was about eight in the morning.

"Eight." I told him, lowering myself back down on the bed. Zhan ge hummed at that, lacing our fingers together as he held my hand to his chest before he rolled over to face me. He leaned down, nuzzling my nose before kissing me on the lips. I returned his kiss, my lips tingling at the sensation before our lips parted. His tongue dove into my mouth, hot and demanding, and so early in the morning.

My whole body throbbed in pleasure for more, ached to be touched everywhere. I wanted so badly to spend yet another day in bed with him, feeling his body, tasting it. But we simply didn't have the time, so I broke the kiss first and rolled over out of bed.

"What do you want for breakfast?" Zhan ge asked after he yawned widely, baring his teeth before he pushed the blankets back and climbed out of bed as I made my way to the dresser to grab some clothes for us. I tossed him a pair of black jeans and a blue tank top before I took out a pair of leather pants and a button-down shirt for myself.

"Aside from you? Maybe toast." I answered him, earning a deep throaty chuckle. I glanced at him, smirking in amusement as he tugged his pants on up over his hips. I closed the dresser and came over, helping him zip his jeans up and pull his shirt on. I kissed him quickly on the lips before I let him go to the kitchen. I pulled my pants on and buttoned my shirt up, walking out of the bedroom and into the short hallway that also held a door to the bathroom and one that went outside to the small shed. I went to the left that led me out into the living room that was one step down from the rest of the house. The floor was the same redwood as the rest of the house and the living room was occupied by a leather black sofa and two navy chairs with a large television that sat in front of it, though it was rarely used.

I walked further down along the living room and to the right where I came into the kitchen which was rather large considering it was just Zhan ge and I living here. He was standing near the stove, pouring pancake batter into a small skillet.

I raised an eyebrow, coming up behind him, putting my arms around his torso. He chuckled at the attention, turning his head to look back at me.

"I thought I asked for toast." I told him, raising an eyebrow. He shrugged, turning back to the pancakes.

"Toast is too simple. I'm feeling very Martha Stewart this morning." He responded matter-of-factly as he turned over the batter. I laughed at that, pressing my cheek to his shoulder before I stepped back to go to the fridge for a gallon of milk.

"Don't make too much," I told him as I walked over to the cupboard, taking out a couple of glasses, "We still need to have room for cake and ice cream." Zhan ge made a face at that as he turned over the pancakes again.

It was a special day today.

We finished eating and washed the dishes, we had a hot shower and dressed before we headed out the kitchen door that led to the smoothed-out path that went through the parking lot.

The drive to the court house was silent, Zhan ge was pulling his nails and hitting his lower lip before I took his hand in mine and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"We will be fine" I assured him. He nodded and stared out the window.

We got to the court around 9:30 and decided to wait for lawyer Yang and Cheng at the courthouse. I just want this whole thing to be over. I'm nervous but I believe we will get through this.

20 minutes later, I saw Xue Yang and his parents with their lawyers walk in, and my heart dropped in my stomach. I just wanted to pull his hair and smash his head on the wall.

Zhan ge squeezed my hand and kissed my cheeks lightly when he saw the look on my face. Cheng and Lawyer Yang walked in not long after.