29

What is he doing here? Yibo hissed with gritted teeth.

Wang... Please listen to him. Cheng chimed in.

Why should I listen to him? Yibo hissed and wanted to walk away. He is fuming with anger.

Zhan held his hand and pulled him back. Boo, please just listen to him, he helped us. He is the reason I'm alive, he is the reason I am a free man now. Zhan said, sounding hurt with his voice.

I don't care if he helped or not. If he had not abandoned me in the first place, Zhan ge wouldn't have wasted six years of his life behind bars. His voice was cold and void. Even Zhan was surprised. He had not heard Yibo speak like that before.

Cub, I know I don't deserve you-

You don't get to call me that. Yibo yelled at his dad.

I.... I know, I'm sorry. I know I don't deserve your forgiveness but that night I went to call my sister, her number was busy. I tried using other people's phone to call and she picked up but when she heard my voice she hung up all the time. I was devastated. After much pleading she sent me an address, I rushed there to see her but they told me she is not home. By the time I got back you were sleeping and I didn't want to disturb you.

I left very early in the morning so I could meet her at home before she left for work, but her neighbors told me she hardly comes home. I called her several times but she ignored me. On my way back to you, she called me and asked me to meet her somewhere, I went and I was offered a job as a driver but they need me alone and I told them I've a son and I can't leave without him. I was kicked out of the house and I found my way back to you.

When I got there I saw him, Yibo's dad pointed at Zhan. Picked you up off the floor and took you to a sauna where I believe he sleeps. I watched him talk to the manager about you and I was relieved you found someone better to take care of you. I messaged my sister and told her I will take the job. But I come to check up on you every day and it hurts me to see you wait for me but I felt he was better for you.

After a few months I spoke with my boss and he paid me in advance and that was when I spoke with the ramen seller and told him about the house and he came up with the excuse of his friend got a job in another city.

You were doing so well without me and I was scared of coming back to talk to you. I'm sorry. Yibo's dad said, Tears streaming down his cheeks.

That does not mean I still want you in my life. Yibo hissed and walked out of the room.

Give him time he will come around. Lawyer Yang chimed in.

I'll talk to him. Zhan forced himself to speak and lays his head on the bed. Feeling sick of all that's been happening. He just wants to leave this god forsaken country and move somewhere far away with Yibo. They have been through a lot and he can't bear to be far away from him anymore.

When are we going to court? Zhan asked, his voice muffled.

In two weeks, I need you fully recovered before we step into the courtroom. Cheng replied.

When can I go home?

Tomorrow. Lawyer Yang chimed in.

Okay, thanks. Zhan gritted his teeth and let out a short grunt.

I'll take my leave now, please call me if you need anything. Yibo's dad said and walked out of the door.

Zhan couldn't help but feel a pang of pain in his chest. This cruel, sickening pain had been with him for months and it showed. His cheekbones had sunken, darkness circled his eyes and his once bright eyes were dull and lifeless. The pain became disorienting and it started to affect his judgment, but despite this, he really wants to live for just one person. Yibo had suffered too much because of him and he is still suffering. As much as he wants Yibo to settle with his dad, If Yibo doesn't want to talk to his dad he is not going to force him. All he wants the boy to experience now is nothing but happiness, the last six years had been Hell for both of them but deep down he knows Yibo suffered the most. And he is going to do whatever it takes to make him happy.

When Yibo got to his one-bedroom apartment, he was fuming with anger and hurt. He gasped for air and stumbled on his feet, the world seemed to spin around him. Every part of his being ached for an answer to this feeling of misery and any answer that could bring relief was one worth considering. It'd probably take a simple and obvious decision to either give up or keep going at this point, but that decision just didn't seem to come.

But he was determined to keep going, to simply swallow the pain and deal with it later. But there was no way he could give in to the pain, there was no way he'd ever give up.

With annoyance he packed all of his clothes including Zhan's. He should have known when he saw the wallpaper but of course he won't know it's from his dad since he abandoned him.

He feels suffocated and just want to go somewhere far from all this.

Merry Christmas guys🤍❣️🤍❣️❣️❣️🤍🤍