Prologue

The village was gathered around the teller's hut in wait. Their leader had recently fallen I'll and everyone was anxious to see if he was ok. The worse was the teller had foreseen something huge and no one knew what that would mean for them. 

"I hope it's not something to bad."

She had been the chiefs only daughter for five years and was anxious for her father. He had been so busy and her mother knew this would happen one day. She had passed only two years earlier and the chief had mourned for an eternity. "I can't be an orphan!"

Many people had approached her that day with questions and questions! Was she going to become the next chief of the tribe? Was she excited or worried or sad or angry? Who would she marry so a new generation could come?

Most people in the village didn't get a partner until six but it was right around the corner and most people were worried that maybe she would never have one. It wasn't that it was only all the boys her age were either already with a partner or snobs.

After an eternity of waiting for something to happen, her best friend approached her with pity in her icy blue eyes. "Are you ok?" They had been friends for years and this was the one person who could tell if she was not fine.

She gave her friend a small, playful shove and laughed. "Of course! I'm just waiting for the teller to make sure nothing bad will happen." She said half the truth and expected that to convince her friend and herself. It did convince the other village member, but not her.

Then, the teller came out from the chiefs den along with the healer. They had faces of relief and worry as well. This didn't make any sense to her and only made her more anxious. "What have they to say?"

"Gather around village of the glacier!" the healer called. "We have important news!" She didn't sound all that amazed, but managed to convince everyone.

Then, the teller gave the announcement. "We have good news and bad news. The good news is the chief is ok! He will resume his duties as soon as possible!" Every dragon erupted in cheers, but then came the bad news. "I have seen a vision. A dragon of evil is coming to destroy all! We only have one hope and it is coming to us!"

She didn't know what he meant entirely, but it sounded bad. She and her friend gave each other worried glances. "This hope is coming to us! What does this mean for the future?"