Chapter 2

Winter began to fly towards Pyrrhia in hopes of finding her there. He didn't know why he felt she'd be there, but something inside his head said to fly there.

As he looked left and right, something caught the corner of his eye. Two huge dragons were following him and looked quite desperate. He landed on another small island and they descended with him.

He turned around to face him and saw that one was about his size actually while the other was huge and masculine. It was the small one who spoke. "Greetings, Winter. My name is Knowledgeable and I am a friend of Kinkajou."

Winter's mind was spinning all over! "He knows my name! He knows Kinkajou! He just came out of the middle of the nowhere! How does he know?"  "So do you know where Kinkajou is?" Winter asked. 

The two dragons faces darkened at his question. Winter was starting to wonder if something was going on here. Knowledgeable and his fellow seemed quite sad and hopeless. "Last I knew, she was being executed by Beauty. After that I lost contact."

Winter wanted to fly away to the clouds and start screaming. "Kinkajou could be dead?! That can't be true! I can't let that be true." Winter pulled himself together and breathed. He wasn't going to let this stir him to grief. She had to be ok and he was going to prove it! "You guys can't give up! Kinkajou wouldn't want you to give up! I know her and she'll be ok so we need to find her!"

"Where do we even start?" Knowledgeable's accomplice asked. "She's either dead or somewhere probably far from here! How do we track that?" He started to breathe heavily  and Knowledgeable had to calm him down.

"Charming, relax. I think we can trust this guy to be right." 

Winter was happy with the twos agreement and once again he was off the ground and flying into the middle of disaster. His life had been here and there lately but nothing was as important as it was now. Saving his friend from the talons of the worst villain in dragon history.

In Winter's early life, he'd never really felt a deep connection like this to other dragons. When he was barely old, he'd been forced into a kingdom that only cared about dragons skills and not the dragons themselves. When he had gotten a little older, he'd found the truth that his parents and everyone else saw him as useless...

But then he'd met people he could call his friends, even if sometimes he didn't wish they were. There was his best friend, Qibli, who was always there when Winter was down. Kinkajou was someone who could lift others up in dire times. Turtle had his tools that made things seem more on Winter's side. And then there was Moon who seemed to be the centerpiece of the whole group.

And then there was him. The whole time he'd been on the journey with his friends and even after all that mess, Winter had never understood his purpose in the world of Pyrrhia. Was he someone who had a purpose like his friends did? When people remembered the downfall of Darkstalker they remembered those four and not him because what did he even do? He wasn't no hero. "Even if I wish to be one, it won't happen. I'm just the dragon who sits in the background while everyone else does the work. It's how its always been. No wonder my parents and sister didn't want me around."

Winter knew that for some reason he was still around and doing stuff in Pyrrhia, but for some reason he didn't know why. Maybe someone else would one day tell him...

WHOOSH

All around him, wind started to pick up and the weather for some odd reason got significantly colder. So cold that even him being an Icewing felt a little cold. What had happened in Pantala?!

He looked and saw he wasn't anywhere near the continent he called home, but had somehow got offtrack! He was in the middle of the sea with snow all around him. Winter couldn't even see a bit of land for miles and was starting to get worried. How would he get back?!

Turning in every direction, Winter came to the conclusion that he would have to just keep flying. He couldn't stay out in the middle of the ocean or he'd never find Kinkajou.

Winter started to fly straight, looking for some sign of land. Maybe he'd be lucky and find Pyrrhia or the other side of Pantala. Worst comes to worst, maybe he'd find some dragons who knew directions! He had flown to another whole continent, but he didn't do the directions and for a good reason.

"I wonder what everyone else is doing while I sit out in this misery? Are the others terribly affected by Beauty's control? Is it even control?" 

When Winter had seen the affects Beauty had made, something hadn't felt so obvious. He was told that it was just mind control, but it felt as if the other dragons weren't themselves at all! Like they were clones...

"If they are, then what happened to my real friends and who do I trust? And- Wait! Is that land?!"

Just ahead of Winter, a whole continent stood. Icy white sheets of snow covered the land and he spotted dragons all around. It was huge! What was up with the new discovery of continents lately?

Winter felt is icy-scaled body fall limp as he started to plummet to the waters below, so close to land! "Is this how it all ends?!"

The last thing he saw were the blurry shapes of white figures coming toward him. After that, he fell into darkness...