Chapter 12

"Winter, it's Lynx..."

Winter was frozen in place as he heard of what his brother told him. Did he hear what Hailstorm had said right? What was Lynx doing back on Pyrrhia let alone unconscious? Wasn't she supposed to still be in Pantala on the representative mission?

Winterdw stood still processing all of this. If Lynx really was on Pyrrhia, then what had brought her here? Was she trying to chase Winter down after he had left Pantala so suddenly? "This is really bad!"

"Well let's go!" Winter hissed at his brother.

The two Icewings ran down the halls of the palace, heading for Lynx's room. Winter had seen it once before with the tapestries, ice sculptures, and humongous bed Lynx slept in! Being the assistant of Winter's cousin surely did have its perks.

When they reached her room, the gigantic doors were closed with no guards outside. Winter and his brother entered to find Lynx laying on her bed, asleep. One medical dragon was inside to check up on her, but that was it.

"I brought my brother, Misty." Hailstorm said to the dragon.

"How is she?" Winter asked her.

"She's awake, but barely. I'm still not sure exactly what she did to herself, so maybe you can since she is your friend." Misty sounded hopeful, but Winter wasn't so sure. Why wasn't Lynx just telling her what happened like she usually did when she was injured?

"Are you sure she can't tell you?" Winter questioned, nervously. He did have some reason of why she would do what she did, but it was... complicated and he wasn't sure why she would show off now.

"No." Misty sighed. "I asked her again and again, but no answer. So, you need to go and ask her what happened. That's the best shot we have."

Winter growled, knowing he could persist the medic any longer considering it wouldn't get him anywhere. If he was to get out of the palace soon, he needed to get this done with. Winter approached his friends icy bed and looked at her face. Lynx was barely awake and had bruises and scars all over her body. "What was she thinking coming back? This almost killed her!"

"Lynx?" 

Lynx looked up and saw Winter's face, smiling. "Oh hey Wint. So you are back on Pyrrhia, huh."

"Why are you here?" Winter growled. "Your supposed to be back on Pantala with the rest of my friends and Peril!" Winter couldn't understand why it was so difficult for her to understand that she was needed there. Why couldn't Lynx just follow directions?

Lynx was still looking at Winter, smiles and all, which made Winter a little mad. "Don't you know, Winter! I thought after four years you would know why I keep chasing you."

"What are you talking about?" Winter asked, now curious. Did she have some debt to him or something?

"It's started when we were two, Winne." Lynx said, triggering Winter's memory. That time that they were playing hide and seek! "No wonder! It all started that day...

4 years ago...

Winter was trying to catch up to Lynx as she bolted down the halls of the palace. She was running way faster now and Winter felt like he was about to pass out! 'Lynx was so slow just a minute ago and now she's running as if the queen was on her tail! I'm only still close to het because I'm flying and she's running.'

Winter continued to chase after his friend, gaining ground little by little. Why was she so pumped up all of a sudden? Did he say something to make her feel as if she couldn't be around him? 'Don't tell me I scared her or something!'