Chapter 1

Winter was flying over the great sea as fast as possible. It had only been a little bit since he found out about Beauty's schemes and he was running from the possibility of another adventure. The last time he was in one, it didn't turn out all that well.

He had lost it all. His kingdom, his family, his respect, his friends... and a certain dragon. He had nothing left except the scavengers he apparently COULD NOT STUDY ANYMORE!!! He couldn't do anything ever again and it was all prophecy fault.

He growled and kept flying. He didn't know where he was supposed to be going, but he was just flying away from it all. Away from trouble, away from people who aren't really his friends, and away from her.

Winter didn't know why exactly he was still mad at Moon. He had made up with her on the way to Pantala, he accepted she was with his best friend, and he thought they would remain friends. That was, until not to long ago....

Winter was sitting with Blue and Luna in the Cicada Hive, listening to their story in awe. Apparently, Kinkajou and some others had gone off to fix yet another problem! An ancient dragon named Beauty was threatening the tribes with mind-control or something and Kinkajou thought she could beat her with some other mystical dragon. "Well she can go and do that then. I'm going to choose to hang back for this one and watch it play out. Plus, maybe I can help from here.

"WINTER!!!" 

He looked behind him to see black and sandy scales flying towards him. Moon was looking as raged as ever while Qibli looked more worried. Winter was feeling as if this wasn't going to go well.

She landed beside Luna and started to ramble. "How dare you! You tried to hurt Kinkajou and now she's gone! What kind of a person are you?" He was so lost that it took him a minute to respond.

"What?" Winter remarked.

"Moon, let's not get so hasty-"

Qibli was cut off by Moon once again going off. "And that's not all! Winter, you went behind my back and told everyone I was horrible? ARE YOU TRYING TO RUIN OUR FRIENDSHIP???"

"Ruin our friendship? I didn't even do any of this!"

She clawed at his face and he stumbled back in pain. Before anyone else could say something to him, he flew off in anger. What was up with her? Why was she being so... weird and horrible?

It was only the next day that she again caught up to him. She was acting a little more normal than usual, but it wasn't enough to get to Winter. 

She started with the normal apologizing. "Winter! I wanted too apologize for yesterday. Apparently I got the wrong story of what happened and rushed to conclusion." She sounded sweet, but Winter wasn't buying it.

"YOU IMBECILE!!!" he growled. "You yelled at me, accused me for many things, scratched my snout, and now I'm supposed to forgive you?" He flew off while she yelled at him from the ground.

When he got to a closed space, he thought about what had happened just then.

"She was trying to apologize now? Well it doesn't matter because I'm never seeing that Nightwing again!" As he thought about it, he end up going along with the idea. "I'm leaving all of the continents and dragons!"

So, now he was flying into the middle of who knows where and all that mattered was getting away from that certain dragon who had ruined his life along with this new adventure that would only help. 

As he kept going, his wings started to get tired and he longed for some food and water. He spotted an island below that was about as big as the old Nightwing one. It looked uninhabited as he saw coconuts, fruit, fish, and some bears. 

He landed, grabbed some grub and water, and then rested under a horde of trees. It seemed peaceful until he felt as if he was being watched. He looked behind him but saw nothing. Yet, it still felt unsettling.

Then, a stirring from the bushes caught his ears. There was something there with him and it was getting a little creepy. Then, something jumped out of the bushes and tackled him to the ground.

It was a Sandwing and one he definitely knew. A female Sandwing he'd met at Jade Mountain. She was one of Qibli's friends and to his knowledge had never been this... sinister. "Who are you?"

He laughed at her question, seeing as she didn't remember him. "You don't remember me Ostrich? It's Winter!" 

As he said his name, she jumped off him and looked a little guilty. "Whoops! I thought you were one of Beauty's soldiers or something." When she said Beauty's name, he was shocked. How did she know her? Winter decided not to question and when she asked for him to come to her campsite, Winter accepted. 

At the campsite, more familiar faces were there. Bumblebee, Cricket and Blues adopted daughter and Dusky who was Luna's friend. No Kinkajou. "Hey guys, where is Kinkajou? Wasn't she supposed to be with you?"

They all looked sad as he spoke her name. It was Bumblebee who responded. "We lost her on the journey along with Sky and Wren who were with us. At this point, we're just trying to find someone to turn to."

Dusky and Ostrich shook their heads in agreement. Winter was worried at their words and what he would tell everyone. Just, "Hey guys! By the way we've lost the nice one but oh well!". How was he supposed to do that when he didn't even like it?

"So what do we do?" Winter asked. "Are you guys just going to head back for Pantala?" They all said yes and he sighed. The one hope he may have had gave up and it was all over.

The next morning, he said goodbye to them as they departed. He had to continue his journey and maybe now did have to do something on this adventure. "I have one mission. I need to go and save Kinkajou!"