Volume 1 Chapter 1: Wake Up Call

Introduction

"Go, go go!" One young woman among four shouted out as they all scrambled through a forest.

"Hurry!..come on hurry.!" the next said, just as hastily as the last.

They all clung onto each other's arms, tripping over rocks, twigs, and one another's feet.

Their breathing was hasty and short and they moved without a sign of stopping.

One thing was sure.

They had to get to where they were going and had their eyes set on it.

A small wooden house with a circle-shaped window and door.

"Put a barrier around the house.!" One of the women shouted to the others, while two of them ran in.

Suddenly a gust of wind started flowing rapidly and harshly through the forest, making the leaves and twigs rip through the air.

Trees started falling, near and nearer to the women in the house. The sounds of them falling rippling through the air.

The women could hear the sound of a deep disturbing growl that shook the whole ground that they walked on.

"They're coming!" One of the women shouted, panicking.

"What are you waiting for? Do it!" Another shouted to the others inside, commanding them to do what they came here for.

The two inside looked out with incomprehensible fear in their eyes but one of them just turned back and hovered her hand over a button on the side of a strange machine inside the little house.

She took a deep breath, with tears squeezing out of her eyes, hovering her hand over the button and said:

"We leave this fight to you, young warriors...".

The last sound she could hear was of the barrier breaking, and the indescribable creature almost crushing them.

"Avenge us!" She said, plunging her fist on the button as hard as she could, causing an explosion of light, that took up the whole space they were in, swallowed them, the small house, and the creature that was coming to cause their impending doom.

Instead, they ended it themselves.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Oct 23, 2022

Scarlet's POV

I woke up with a start.

My eyes cracked open as I let out a gasp of air that I had been holding.

For some reason, I was also breathing loudly and I had a bit of a cold sweat going on.

I got up slowly, with a groan, rubbing my head. I had a massive headache for some reason.

"Man...what a nightmare." I moaned out mumbling to myself.

It felt like I had drunk 10 glasses of whiskey last night or something.

I cracked my neck a little and just sat there in bed.

I realized that my head was hurting also even more because my brother just so happened to be playing loud rock music.

AT 7:00 IN THE MORNING!

"Hey, shut that shit off!" I said, banging my fist against the wall but all I got in return was the sound of the music being turned up louder.

I groaned and tore the sheet off of me, walking over to my mirror, and seeing that I looked like a zombie.