Volume 1 Chapter 7: Deceit

Scarlet and Harriet are discussing their findings in the hallway, just waiting for Lillian and Vivian to show up.

"What this?" Scarlet says, motioning towards a poster on the wall next to them about a dance.

"Oh, it's just the Winter Formal dance coming up in November," Harriet says matter-of-factly.

"Oh wow, a dance? How corny." Scarlet says.

"I know right," Harriet says, shaking her head with a laugh.

They talk some more until soon Vivian shows up, still disguised as Lillian.

"Lillian, there you are! Woke up late again?" Scarlet asks.

"No...I just had better things to do." She says, looking at her nails dismissively

They look taken aback and just start telling her about what they have found.

"Um Lillian, Lillian! girl are you even listening to us?" Harriet says waving her hand in her face.

Fake Lillian just looks bored and Scarlet and Harriet ask her if she's even paying attention.

"Yeah yeah time-travel, magic, fairies, whatever," She says, staring at her nails.

They look at her strangely and ask her if she's feeling okay

"Of course, I'm feeling okay. What about you guys? You look pretty awful this morning." She replies

Before they can say anything, Xander walks up behind them and puts his arms around their shoulders.

"Mornin' Ladies." He says with a smirk and then looks at Lillian.

"Sup Lily," He says flashing his award-winning smile.

Fake Lillian just looks at him with a bored expression and looks back at Scarlet and Harriet.

"Anyways, I'm going to go to the bathroom. Later." She says, walking past them down the hall. Xander looks a little taken aback but he tries again, running towards her.

"Hey Lily, I wanted to ask you something back there." He said.

"Sorry, but I'm not really in the mood." She says and then heads to the bathroom.

Xander watches her go and frowns, almost like he knows something is up.

"Yo, what's wrong with Lils?" He asks the girls.

"That's what we're trying to find out." They say.

Soon after a while, Vivian comes out of the same bathroom, looking like herself but they all don't notice. She heads straight for them.

"Hey guys." She says to them.

They turn and look at her.

"Hey, when did you get here?" Scarlet says.

"Just now, traffic was horrible, you know how it is," Vivian says.

"So what did I miss?" She says

"Just Lily, she seems a little off," Harriet says.

"Oh? You don't think it could be because of last night do you?" Vivian asks with fake concern.

"Shhh..." Scarlet says, putting her finger in front of her mouth and glancing at Xander. Xander squints his eyes and looks at them with suspicion.

"Did something happen in girl-land that I don't know about?" He asked questionably.

"Pshhh no, why would you think that? Your brother, he's so suspicious. Why don't you just run along off to class okay?" Harriet says slightly pushing him forward.