Volume 1 Chapter 6: Evening Call

Harriet was sitting on her bed, with her glasses on, typing away at her computer vigorously, when suddenly she got a call from Scarlet.

Harriet: "How many times are you going to keep calling me when I've told you that I'm on it?!" She yelled into the phone.

Scarlet: "Because you're not going fast enough! I wanna know what info you've gotten."

Harriet: "Y'know you can gather information too. You literally have a phone in your hand. The answers are just a Google click away."

Scarlet: "Mmm neh I'd rather have you do it."

Harriet: "Ugghh.." She said annoyed.

Harriet: "Hold up, Lily's calling."

Harriet merges their call.

Lillian: "Have you guys found anything??" Lillian said excitedly and curiously.

Harriet: "As I said before, I'm. On. It. Literally right now. I'm almost done gathering information."

Lillian: "Oh that's good, because I'd really like to understand more about what happened-"

Harriet: "Ughh hold on...you know who is calling."

Harriet merges Vivian's call.

Vivian: "Finally you guys answered my call! I've been texting you since we got home! What have you all searched up cause I need to know what the heck happened out in those woods!"

Harriet: "Ugh! I told all of you, "When I get home, I. AM. ON. IT!" but do any of you listen?? No. If you had let me concentrate longer I would've been done faster."

Vivian: "Jeez what's got your panties in a twist."

Scarlet: "Someone hasn't had her morning, afternoon, and evening coffee today??" Scarlet said mocking her.

Harriet could feel a vein throbbing at her temple as she tried to calm down.

Lillian: "Come on guys, Harriet's right. Harriet, would you please share what you've found?" Lillian said respectfully.

Harriet sighed.

Harriet: "I'd be glad to. So first things first, pixies. I've been doing some research on them and I've found some interesting stuff. "

Vivian: "Oh yeah, like what?"

Harriet: "Well first of all they are described as "tiny elflike spirits or mischievous fairy, dressed in green who dances in the moonlight to the music of frogs and crickets."

Scarlet: "Better make sure not to call her that, right Vivian?"

Vivian: "..Whatever," Vivian said, crossing her arms.

Lillian: "What else does it say?"

Harriet: "Its favorite pastimes are leading travelers astray and frightening young maidens."

Vivian: "Hm, that sounds pretty suspicious to me. Does that not sound suspicious to you?"

Harriet: "All I know is that she seemed to know a lot about a lot of things. For example, when she mentioned you and your dreams and you seemed to know what she was talking about, isn't that right Scarlet?" Harriet said

Scarlet tensed up, rubbing her arm.

Scarlet: "...Okay so she happened to know about one thing. Big deal. She probably used her pixie magic or whatever. That doesn't mean that we can just so easily trust her."

Lillian: "I don't know...she seemed to have pure intentions to me.

Harriet: "How can you tell that?"