Volume 1 Chapter 9: The Rift - Part Two

The real Lillian, Scarlet, and Harriet finally end class and head out of school for the day.

Vivian told them that she'd be meeting with them shortly but had to go to the bathroom before they went.

"Wait for me a second here guys, I'm gonna go find Xander and talk to him," Lillian says, holding the two girls' arms.

"Okay, good luck." They say and she heads off back into the school, through the hallway.

Meanwhile, down the hallway, Vivian turns the corner, walking up towards the exit.

When she sees Lillian enter, she goes back behind the corner and watches her walk off to who knows where.

Outside she sees Scarlet and Harriet waiting outside by the entrance.

Vivian thinks for a second and then, slips between a opening between two walls.

She changes form, back into Lillian and quickly slips out of the crevice.

She's about to walk over to them when suddenly someone stops her.

"Lillian!" A high-pitched voice says from beside her as a girl from one of the girls' many classes holds her arm. She thinks her name is Amy.

"Um...yes?" Vivian says, clearly a little annoyed.

"Is it true you're not friends with Scarlet, Harriet, and Vivian anymore?" Another girl beside her grabs her other arm, both of them staring at her intensely and curiously.

Vivian looks over at Scarlet and Harriet and sees that they're not paying attention.

She suddenly knows what she has to do.

"Oh them?! I've honestly been considering cutting them off." Vivian says, as Lillian, walks forward with the two girls, talking loud enough so Scarlet and Harriet can hear them.

Suddenly Vivian notices Scarlet and Harriet's eyes look up and land on her.

"But why? Aren't they like your best friends?" The two girls ask, genuinely curious.

"Isn't it obvious?? They're always telling me what to do, they treat me like a child, and they're always staying in my business!" I exclaim loudly.

Vivian could already feel Scarlet and Harriet burning a hole into her head as she spoke.

"I mean, wouldn't that annoy you?!" Vivian says to the two girls.

The two girls, in Vivian's arms, think about it for a second.

"I guess that would be kind of annoying..." They concluded, agreeing with the girl they assumed was Lillian.

"Exactly," Vivian concluded.

She felt negative vibes coming from Scarlet and Harriet all the way from where she walked.

As she felt this, she smiled.

'Perfect.' She thought.

——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Lillian goes all around the school until finally she finds Xander's locker and fortunately, he's standing right there by it, putting in some books.

She walks down the hallway towards him, but soon she hears comments from some students coming outside of the class.

"Petty" Some girls say under their breath.

"Two-faced." A guy says as he walks past her.

Lillian looks around insecurely, hearing all these names and wondering if they're really talking about her.