Volume 2 Chapter 1: A Fresh Start

December 1

11:00 p.m.

It is a dark and rainy night in the town of HallowWood. Random people are going about their business in the middle of the night. Cars are driving through the street, making their way home or wherever they need to go. The night is what some would call "peaceful".

All of a sudden four shadowy figures start to form in the middle of the road in front of the drivers in their cars.

Their appearances become visible.

Three men and a woman.

The tall man stands in the middle, his pale skin glistening under the rain and the street lights, trenchcoat flowing in the wind behind him, a serious expression on his face.

The second man stands next to him, but he has a much meaner expression on his face and spiky hair. His muscles show more apparently beneath his skintight black muscle shirt.

The woman stands next to the fierce-looking man, arm interlocked with his, a smirk on her face. She also wears a skintight outfit but it's a dress and it has see-through lace around the cleavage and the legs. Looking at the driver, she winks. he blushes a bit.

Lastly, there is the last man but he looks much different from the two others as he is short and plump like a plum, with a five o'clock shadow on his chin and wearing heavy black clothes.

The drivers in the cars don't know what is happening or how this is real. All they do is watch in awe.

"You sure this is the place?" The spiky-haired one says, looking around almost as if he was pissed already.

"Not really what I was expecting..." The lady says, sticking her nose up at the little old town.

"Yeah, Boss, this place reeks.!" The small one said, holding his nose tightly and making a stinky face.

The serious one in the middle didn't speak, only lifted his face to the air, closed his eyes, and sniffed, smelling the air.

He kept them closed for a while, then let out a puff of air, opening them and bringing his head back down.

"This is it...I can smell it...I can feel it." He said, his expression never wavering.

Finally, the light turned green and the drivers snapped out of it and started honking their horns at the random people in the street.

The four of them looked over at the drivers, barely flinched, and all had the same thought in mind.

"May we?" The three lackeys all said glancing at the serious one who appeared to be the leader.

He paused for a moment, staring down at the driver, seated in the car right in front of them.

"You may.." He answered and they all smirked.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

December 2

The next morning

Scarlet was standing around the hallway of their school where they usually meet, waiting for one of her friends to come by. Every once in a while she would glance down at her phone and check the time.

"Scarlet!" a voice said in front of her. Soon she saw Harriet scurrying down the hallway, with books in hand, trying not to drop things. Scarlet through her hands up in the air in annoyance.

"There you are! Finally! I've been calling you and texting you since I woke up this morning!" She said to the bewildered girl as she tried to get everything straightened out.