Volume 1 Chapter 11: The Dance - Part Two

Vivian's POV

Right now, I'm riding in the back of my limo as my chauffeur, Ramseys, drives us to Xander's house.

"We're approaching the gentleman's house, Ms.Lang," Ramseys says through the intercom.

"Really? Oh my God, goodie! Okay hurry hurry, so we don't be late."

"Certainly." He says, and soon a small, quaint house comes into view.

"Honk your horn," I say to Ramseys through the intercom and he proceeds to honk the horn, loudly, three times.

After about two minutes, I see Xander come out of the house, he's wearing a black tuxedo with fancy shiny black dinner shoes and holding a red corsage in his hand.

"Oh my God, oh my God, that's for me Ramseys, that's for me!" I say to him, excitedly.

"Indeed Ms.Lang," Ramseys says in an unenthusiastic voice.

I see Xander, yelling back at somebody in the house, I'm assuming it's probably Scarlet, and then he makes his way to the limo.

He looks taken aback by it for a second before opening the side door and getting in beside me.

"Wow...you weren't kidding about the limo." He says with his velvety-smooth voice.

"Of course I wasn't silly, now get on in here, get comfortable," I say, pulling him in a little by the arm while he shuts the door with the other.

"You look really nice." He says, smiling.

"You look rather dashing yourself," I reply, gushing at him.

"I got you something." He says, holding up the corsage and giving it to me.

I smile.

"My sister says, it's something you give to the girl, I'm glad I remembered it before I left the house." He says, rubbing his neck.

"Aw, Xander this is so sweet," I say, and I don't even scold him for not putting it on my wrist.

I'm such a good person.

"So...I'm pretty excited, are you?" I say, barely able to contain my smile.

"Yeah...yeah I guess I am..." He says.

"Plus riding in a limo someday was part of my bucket list." He joked, making me giggle.

"Good because I feel like tonight will be a magical night..." I say, grabbing his hand and holding it.

________________________________________________________________________________

Finally, after a while, we both, arrive at the dance.

I say goodbye to Ramseys and the two of us step out of the car,  standing in front of the school, as we see students dressed up in their best outfits for the night.

I take his hand in mine and we both head into the school together.

Entering the Winter Formal in the gym, the whole room turns around to look at us.

Some people gasp, some people look on in awe and I can't help but smile wide as they do.

We walk through the crowd, as they separate, the two of us hand in hand, and I feel like this is what I've always dreamed about.

The lights are shining above us and the music is playing in the background.

From the corner of my eye, I see Lillian storm off in the distance, with Harriet and Scarlet following right after her.