Volume 1 Chapter 8: The Rift - Part One

Vivian's POV

In the days leading up to the dance, I've made it my mission to not leave Xander's side and mess with his head by making myself look like Lillian while I'm around him.

Since Lillian had to go and be her normal annoying self and ask Xander to the dance, I had to step up and make it so they don't end up going to the dance together.

Why? Because I deserve him that's why.

Right now, I am currently latched onto my soon-to-be husband's arm, and what a nice muscular arm it is.

I can already picture us, running down the aisle, hitched, and ready to party at our reception. With Lillian nowhere in sight-

"Sounds like a good idea right.?" I hear Xander's voice say out of nowhere, breaking me out of my trance.

"Huh? What..?.. Oh yeah yea, it sounds really good." I say with a wide smile like I was barely paying attention.

Xander smiles back, making me melt into him again, resting my head on his arm while holding it.

' So This is what it feels like then huh?' I think in my head.

Soon, out comes a girl from Xander's classroom.

She stops when she sees him, smiling, completely ignoring me.

"Oh Xander, glad I found you. I left my notes in my locker, and it's all the way down the hall. Do you..think I can borrow yours?" She says, tilting her head a little in a flirty way.

"Oh yeah sure, Here Rebecca." He says, reaching into his locker and whipping out a notebook for her.

'Oh yeah..this is the part where I'm supposed to act like a total bitch.' I say in my head.

"Thanks." She says still smiling at him.

'Time to flip the switch' I say, mischievously in my head.

"I'm sorry, Don't you have somewhere to be?" I say, coming in between Xander and her.

"Uh um..sorry I-"

"I um, sorry I..." I say, mocking her before she can defend herself.

"I'll just go..." She says, taking her leave, into the classroom.

"Yah...and next time, ask out somebody else's date!" I yell inside the class.

Some students look at me.

I turn around to look at Xander and I see that he's looking at me with an expression of disbelief.

"What?" I say, playing dumb and looking confused.

"Lily...what the hell was that??" He asked.

"Was what??" I say.

"That! What you just did a few seconds ago."

"Oh pfft! That...I was just standing up for you and myself...didn't you see she was all over you? I just had to set her straight." I say, folding my arms.

"Lils, I'm a big boy, I think I can stand up for myself...plus I asked you to the dance. You. Not anyone else, so why are you being so possessive?... I've never seen you get so insecure like that..." Xander said, actually sounded surprised.

"I dunno! Maybe because pretty much every single girl in this school has a crush on you and you try to act like you don't notice when the girl who actually likes you has been standing right in front of you the whole time.!" I say, my voice growing loud enough for other people in the hallway to hear.

For some reason, my throat starts to ache a little.

Xander looks taken aback and his voice starts to quiet down.