✤ The Son Of Diana ⊹

(y/n) groaned as he fell to his knees and held his head, sinking his colored nails into his scalp.

  "Why can't you all just SHUT UP!?" he growled.

  “ᴏʜ, ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡᴇ ɢᴏ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ,” one of the hundreds whispers spoke up inside his head.

  "ᎾᎻ, ᏢᏝᎬᎯᏕᎬ, ᎶᏬᎯᏝᎬ," another grunted, "ᎽᎾᏬ ᏨᎯᏁ ᎻᎯᏁᎠᏝᎬ ᎨᎿ."

  “Be quiet. Both of you,” the most clear one demanded. “You can at least leave the boy alone.”

  "Leave me alone," he begged silently, mimicking the voice's words. "Go away... "

  "ᏦᎨᏝᏝ ᎨᎿ!"

  (y/n)'s pupils shook harshly inside his irises as he stared down at the squirrel who scratched his leg.

  "ᏁᎾ ᎾᏁᎬ ᎨᏕ ᏯᎾᏒᎿᎻᎽ ᎾᎰ ᎠᎯᎷᎯᎶᎨᏁᎶ ᏬᏕ! ᎯᏁᎽᎾᏁᎬ ᏯᎻᎾ ᎠᎯᏒᎬᏕ, ᏕᎻᎾᏬᏝᎠ ᎶᎾ ᎿᎾ ᎿᎻᎬ ᎠᎬᏢᎿᎻᏕ ᎾᎰ ᎿᎯᏒᎿᎯᏒᏬᏕ!"

  (y/n) exhaled heavily through his nose and blindly summoned his sword and raised it above his head, ever so slowly, while gripping the handle with both hands.

  Hazel came between the two just as (y/n) started to lower his blade. She was frantically waving her hands and saying something (y/n)'s ears weren't able to process, due to the loud buzzing inside them. (y/n) stopped his swords inches away from her head, just barely slicing her skull in two pieces. (y/n) could see the small puff of curly hair falling down onto her shoulder. She didn't seem to mind.

  "–kill the poor thing!" Hazel was saying after he started catching the words coming out of her mouth. "What are you, a monster?"

  (y/n) clicked his teeth and lowered his sword. He started walking away while Hazel called out his name in vain, the tip of his blade scrapping the ground below him.

  "I'll go."

  "Go?!" Hazel frowned. "Charging alone there is completely suicide!"

  (y/n) rolled his eyes. "I don't care. They're weak, they'll melt with me around."

  "Weak?" Frank's eyes widened as he gestured towards the Ogres. "Those giants are “weak”?!"

  (y/n) grabbed the stray strip of black bandage near his elbow and gave it a full spin through his left knuckles, before he pushed the rest of the fabric right out of his forearm, until Nightshade formed in his hands as a black bladed saber, four-pointed stars running along the blade, with a red edge and a golden looped handle, paired with a red leather grip, and a girl with a circlet around her long, braided hair, etched into the black diamond of the hilt.

  "I can remember some parts, and one of them is that they're dumb. They get blinded by rage and hunger quickly," (y/n) said as he twirled the handle through his left wrist and pointed the toe of the blade towards the middle of the camp.

  A pair of see-through shadows started circling around the saber, until they reached the end of the blade and disappeared. The fire in the middle of the ogres suddenly went out, simultaneously to (y/n)'s shade.

  The air suddenly went chilly, Frank could just barely make out his own breath coming out of his mouth.

  In the blink of Frank's eyes, (y/n) was gone. Frank nervously seeked for him around before he spotted him impalling an ogre right through its belly.

  (y/n) used the decaying body of the monster as a trampoline while he twisted his body around and pushed his sword out of its back and slashed into another ogre, sending half of his torso flying back into another with a roundhouse kick.

  Frank hummed nervously as he saw (y/n) quickening his pace and kicking giants in the face or chest to keep them at bay while they charged to take feast upon him. 8 feet tall giants, being pushed back by the least amount of force (y/n) put into his attacks. Frank could swear he saw it, (y/n) had the slightest bit of amusement filled in his killer glare, or even the most small amount of fun painted in his maniacal smile.

  Still, he would be hit if he didn't get rid of the one with the cannonball.

  Frank bit his lip and announced, "Don't scream."

  Hazel stared at him for a few seconds, as he readied to bring his spear down. "What?"

  "I've got a plan."

  He jabbed the spear into the ground, and the point broke off.

  “Oops,” Ella said. “No spear point. Nope, nope.”

  The ground trembled. Gray’s skeletal hand broke the surface. Hazel made a sound like a cat with a hairball. Ella disappeared and rematerialized at the top of the nearest tree.

  "It’s okay," Frank promised. "He’s under control!"

  Gray crawled out of the ground. He showed no sign of damage from his previous encounter with the basilisks. He was good as a new in his camouflage and combat boots, translucent gray flesh covering his bones like glowing Jell-O. He turned his ghostly eyes toward Frank, waiting for orders.

  "Help (y/n)," Frank said hastily.

  Before Frank was even sure Gray understood it, Gray charged at the giants without a second thought.

  Gray took out a piece of his rib through his shirt, and stabbed the giant who was just about to launch the cannonball, sending it to ashes, that Gray stomped until he was sure the giant wouldn't come back.

  Even from far away, Frank could hear (y/n)'s growl as Gray saluted and sunk into the ground.