A day in the life

(y/n) looked up at Percy, who leaned down to get near his brother's height. "You're so short, man. What can you see from down here?"

  "Your IQ," (y/n) deadpanned.

  Annabeth snorted and choked on her drink from a few feet away.

  "Ok, that's just unnecessary," Percy muttered.

『••✎••』

  Mr. D rolled his eyes at the teenager arguing with him about something he had already forgotten about.

  "Come on, Mr. D," (y/n) whined.

  Mr. D clicked his teeth and waved his can of diet coke in (y/n)'s direction, making the boy step back with a slight flinch. "Alright, alright. You win."

『••✎••』

  "No, man! That's not it!" Leo snapped. He was way too tired at the moment to deal with (y/n)'s teasing, picking things around and asking what they did, even if he already did know what they were for.

  (y/n) dropped the wrench and looked up at him with a frown. He put his hands in his pockets and nodded sourly as he started walking out. "Alright, whatever. If you can't take a joke, don't blame me for it."

  Leo tried calling out for him, reaching out his hand. "(y/n), wait! Come on, I didn't mean to yell!"

  (y/n) ignored his calls and simply left the room, scoffing up at him.

🌑🐾⧎

  "(y/n)?" Percy called out to the boy spacing out in his table. When he didn't get any response, he walked up to his brother and shook his shoulder. "You good?"

  (y/n) blinked a few times before he shook his head and hummed. "Yeah, I'm alright."

  "What happened?" Percy asked as he sat besides him.

  "Nothing happened, Seaweed Brain," (y/n) insisted.

  "I've been your brother for 3 years, and I've known you for 5, I am pretty sure I know you," Percy pointed out. "When you say nothing, it's never “nothing”. So what's up?"

  (y/n) rolled his eyes as he sighed. "It's stupid."

  "I guarantee you it's not, if it's got you feeling this down," Percy hummed. "You don't usually space out like that. Most of the time, when you space out you look dreamy, now you just looked like you were about to tell me not to come to school tomorrow."

  (y/n) puffed air out of his nose and slid down into his seat. "Leo yelled at me this morning..."

  "Leo? What did you do to get Leo angry?" Percy chuckled.

  (y/n) groaned and blushed. "I told you it was stupid."

  "No, no. I'm not laughing at you," Percy reassured. "I'm laughing because Leo doesn't usually get mad. It's reasonable that you reacted the way you did, you don't like when people yell at you. I don't either."

  (y/n) gulped down and nervously shifted on the bench. "I was bothering him this morning and he just yelled at me."

  "Did you try talking to him at all since that?" Percy asked.

  (y/n) shook his head. "I didn't talk to anybody else, all day."

  "And when was it that that happened?"

  "I dunno, like, 7?" (y/n) shrugged.

  "You've been avoiding him for over 5 hours?" Percy frowned. "Geez. Must've been a heck of a yell."