{7} "Celebration of Life"

The morning sunlight seeped into Rexcelsior, corrupting the spaceship in a warm, cozy glow.

The fall season had come around, and the weather was perfect. The leaves had changed color completely, and the Halloween festivities would start soon.

That day was October twenty third. A day before Marie's twenty-ninth birthday.

The princess turned gracefully in her bed, finally waking up after a night of good sleep. She gracefully stretched her delicate arms over to reach for her husband.

Morning cuddles were unlike any other intimate feeling. They were so comforting, and sweet.

Her eyes eventually opened, after feeling nothing but the soft texture of the bedsheets.

Rex wasn't there beside her, even if it was early in the morning. She was a bit surprised.

"Honey." Marie called quietly.

Her long hair draped over the bed as she sat up, rubbing her tired eyes. It was definitely unusual for Rex to be up early in the morning, unless he had a job.

However, he would usually tell her if that were the case.

"That's weird." Marie blinked, turning her head. "He's not taking a shower. Hmm, maybe I should look around."

She was about to leave bed, but then the door finally opened.

Rex stepped in, holding a tray. On it was a stack of imperfect pancakes. They were pre-cut and drizzled with syrup and butter. It was also paired with a bowl of fruit, and a warm cup of tea.

"Hey!" He grinned, "Woke up just in time."

"Honey, what's this?"

"I made you breakfast. You know, because I'm clearly the best at everything. What's a little cooking?" Rex replied.

Marie took the tray in her hands, examining everything with sparkling eyes. She was flattered.

"You know you didn't have to do this."
"It's your birthday week! Besides, you cook for me all the time. I have to return the favor."

Marie giggled, picking up the fork on the tray. She picked up a piece of pancake, tasting it.

Rex was visibly a bit tense, "They're good, right?"

"Excellent." Marie smiled, "You've been paying attention."

"Really? Are you sure you're not just saying that, because you love me?" Rex nudged her.

"I really mean it, Honey. You did a great job."

Marie picked up the cup of tea in front of her, taking a sip. It was the perfect weather for a warm drink.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Rex asked.

"Oh, I haven't really thought about it. We've done a lot all week. You've made this the best week ever, seriously."

"I'd do anything for you." Rex kissed her cheek.

Their sweet moment was interrupted by Rex's cell phone ringing. His expression changed to annoyance.

"That better not be another job. I'm trying to have the best week ever with you."

He reached into his vest pocket, taking out his phone. Sure enough, it was a call from the palace.

Rex didn't want to, but he knew he had to answer.

"It's definitely a job." He frowned, "I was supposed to spend the day with you."

"It's alright, Honey. Don't feel bad. You're the hero after all. Syspocalypstar needs you."

Rex answered the call, sitting next to Marie on the bed. "What's up?"