{17}: "Villains of Imagination"

The Princess of Stardust ran through Rexcelsior in a hurry. Everything was dark, and a thunderstorm was in full effect outside.

She panted as she ran, as hard footsteps sounded behind her, and were drawing closer. Fear overwhelmed her, as she tried to think of any place she could go.

As a strike of thunder lit up the spaceship, Marie slipped and fell to the floor. She looked behind her, as an obvious fear showed in her eyes.

She backed up, until she bumped into one of the control panels. Its green light framed her body, she was cornered and there was no escape.

Her breath quickened, and she shivered in fear. Her pretty eyes were filled with tears, as she shook her head.

"You don't want to do this! I know you don't. Please...don't..." She cried.

A shadow cast over her, as footsteps echoed through Rexcelsior. A figure soon approached her, and grasped her throat, pulling her upwards.

She gasped, but dared not kick or hit her attacker. She couldn't. She just couldn't.

She gently touched his wrist, and stared into his eyes. Her tears streamed down her cheeks, and fell onto the floor below her.

"Honey...please..."

Her husband was the one who stood in front of her. He had such an evil look in his eyes, as he tightened his grip.

"I have no regrets...Starlight. This kingdom deserves what's coming to it. Just as I originally intended. Nothing will change my mind this time."

The lightning and thunder once again struck outside, and Rex grinned evilly, as his wife suffered.

"Honey...Honey..." She called quietly.

————————————————

"Honey." Marie shook her husband.

Rex's eyes opened, as he awoke with a slight jerk. He breathed, and looked around the room. He was suddenly awoken from a harsh nightmare.

It scared him. It seemed so real. After all that time, he thought his fear of being a villain had left him. Yet, there it was, still present.

He blinked, and looked towards his wife, who was awake. She sat on her legs, and touched her nightgown's skirt, as she patiently waited for her love to wake up more.

The moonlight still peeked into their bedroom, symbolizing that it was still nighttime. Rex quickly glanced at the nearby clock, seeing that it was twenty four past midnight.

"Huh?" He sat up, and rubbed his eye. "What's wrong, Starlight?"

"I'm sorry to wake you up, Honey. It's just...I went to use the bathroom...but there's a spider in there." The Princess touched her fingertips together.

"Oh." He smiled, and lightly ruffled her hair. "I got it. Don't worry."

Marie really was cute. Especially to Rex. She was mature, yet still had her fears. Just like he did.

He got out of bed, and made his way to the nearby bathroom. On his way, he picked up a stray piece of paper, and the small plastic cup beside the sink.

His eyes scanned the bathroom, until he found the spider on the floor near the shower. It was small, and black in color. It didn't seem very threatening, but his wife was easily spooked.

He bent down, and placed the cup on top of it. It scurried around, as he continued to slide the paper underneath.

The arachnid was now safely secure in a little enclosure. The Defender eyed it, as he stood up.