{10}: "Full Moon"

It was a cold night. Everything was quiet, and peaceful. The full moon was at its highest, and Marie and Rex spent a fun night at home.

The two of them sat in the living room, and played a video game on their television, which Marie had a new fondness for.

It was a fighting game, that admittedly, Rex was much better at, since Marie wasn't much of a gamer.

He was going easy on her, allowing her to make some hits, but not enough to where she could notice.

The Princess puffed her cheeks, as she leaned forward in her seat. "How are you so good?"

"Maybe because I play all the time?" Rex laughed, "It also helps if you know what character suits your play style."

"I don't want a play style. I want to be the pink lady."

"And the pink lady you are."

The couple mashed at their controllers, until eventually, Rex won.

Marie sighed, putting her controller down.
"Good game. What time is it?"

She picked up her phone, and checked the time. "It's ten, Honey. We should get ready for bed."

"Now?" Rex nudged her, "But the night is so young. I don't think I'm done with you yet."

"Come on, we've had a long day. It is best if we get some sleep."

"A long day? What did we do again?"
"Chores, shopping, we organized my library."

The Prince laughed, "And you got distracted by all the books."

"There's so many I haven't read yet! I keep going to the book store and buying the sequels without finishing the first ones. That's a habit I have to break."

Rex smiled, stroking her hair lovingly. The night inside Rexcelsior was warm, and cozy. He didn't want the moment of bliss to end, but he was starting to feel a bit tired.

Just when he was about to agree with her on going to bed, his phone rang from the coffee table, catching his attention.

He immediately felt the weight of disappointment, knowing the no one would call him at such a late hour, besides Watevra.

The Defender finally picked up his phone, and checked the caller ID. He was right. It was an incoming call for the palace.

"Great. Because I totally wanted to work tonight." He spoke sarcastically, before answering the call.

"Hey, Watevra. Just tell me what I gotta do."

"Rex, I'm sorry to bother you so late, but I need a pretty big favor. Can you come by the palace and pick up some cage traps to put in the forest?" Watevra asked.

"Cages, huh? What for?"

"There's been a few complaints of a wild animal in the forest. No one has seen what it is yet, but it's destroying things. All you need to do is place the cages. That's all. Maybe we'll catch it tonight."

"I got it. I'll be over in a sec. If I happen to run into it, I'll let you know."

Rex ended to call, and groaned quietly, turning to Marie.

"Gosh, sleep was starting to sound great. Maybe an evil wizard will come and put a sleeping curse on us again so I don't have to work."

The Princess laughed, "Aww, Honey. It won't be that bad. I'll be right here waiting for you."

"Alright." Rex gave her a quick kiss, "Start worrying after...hmm, forty minutes."

He stood up, and Marie giggled once again.