{19}: "A Fairy's Tale"

{Some time after the events of
"Life Moves On"}

The Darkest Forest of Syspocalypstar was quiet, and peaceful. The small animals scurried against the ground, and the nearby flowers and mushrooms glowed in the dark.

It was a night, where the stars shined their brightest, and all of Syspocalypstar was joyful and content.

The wind moved through the area, as several figures emerged from the nearby bushes. Exactly six female figures now stood in the center of the forest.

Their appearances were hidden away by cloaks of their respective colors. Eventually, after a moment of silence they looked towards each other.

"Is everyone here?" The tallest one spoke, "Name and present."

"Ruby. Present."

"Onyx. Present."

"Sapphire. Present."

"Amethyst. Present."

"Pearl. Present."

"And Diamond. Present."

The group lowered their hoods, revealing their individual looks. Each of them were beautiful, and matched the colors of their respective gemstones.

Onyx had a dark skin tone, with shiny, curly black hair. Sapphire was decorated in a brilliant blue, while Amethyst had asymmetrical hair, with various purple shades in it.

Pearl was dressed with a mermaid aesthetic, and long white hair framed her face. While the leader's eyes shimmered like that of a diamond. Her hair was made out of holographic material.

There was another quiet moment, before the group looked at each other, noticing the absence of one of their friends.

"Wait. Where's Jade?" Diamond questioned.

"That's why I arranged this meeting."

Ruby, Jade's closest friend, replied to her. The tone of her voice was sorrowful.

"She's in prison." The Fairy continued, "She called me, and explained everything."

"In prison?!" Pearl shivered, "What is she doing in such a terrible place?! Amongst those criminals."

"It's a complicated situation. She put this guy she liked under her spell, but she failed, and was caught in the act."

"Which guy?"

"The Defender of Syspocalypstar. Rex Dangervest. Unfortunately, he was already seeing someone and she intervened...but she could not fool everyone."

"Jade has always been the reckless one." Diamond sighed, "We might blow our cover, but we need to break her out of jail and fix this. She is our friend after all."

"Our wings are no longer hidden. So, it's not like we have a choice." Onyx replied, "This whole 'true love' thing isn't working."

"It's supposed to! It says so in the books!"

"We need to plan this carefully. We don't want to be caught too. Diamond, you've always been the most powerful one. Any suggestions?" Sapphire asked.

"Of course I'm the most powerful! I'm a Diamond!" The main fairy flipped her hair, "But if you're asking what I suggest...I say we prepare a spell."

"What kind of spell?"

"One to get Jade her man, duh! After all, true love is what we need. Isn't it? I know we have very little power left, but it's worth a shot."

Diamond pulled out a small book from the inside of her cloak, and flipped through the pages. The others peeked over her shoulder.

"What spell can do that?" Ruby continued, "She already tried the mind control thing, and his true love broke the spell."