{13}: "Friendship"

{Sometime after the main events of "Perfect Future"}

Faith Brickowski scribbled away on a piece of paper, while her best friend, RJ, colored a page next to her.

The two sat in the living room of Emmet and Lucy's cozy house. The television was displaying a quirky cartoon, giving some background noise.

The two cousins were having a playdate, as they normally would have on weekends, or when their parents had free days that fit into their schedule.

The young prince glanced over at Faith's drawing, observing it closely. She focused intensely, as she sketched out a long, flowing skirt.

"Wow, Faith! That's so pretty." RJ complained.
"Oh, you think so?"

He nodded, "It looks like something Mom would wear."
"Aunt Marie does wear the prettiest dresses."

"Are you still thinking about going to fashion school?"

"Yeah. I really want to go. Making gowns like this would be a dream come true!" Faith smiled, "Imagine, my dresses being worn by royalty and models."

"That would be so awesome!"

Lucy suddenly walked into the room, and smiled at the kids. She was dressed comfortably in a simple shirt and sweatpants for the day at home, and also had her hair down. Which was a rare look for her.

"Hey, Kiddos. Lunch is ready for you guys." She called.

As she stepped further into the living room, RJ and Faith finally noticed her. She placed two plates onto the coffee table, each containing a serving of chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese.

"Thank you, Mom."
"Thanks, Aunt Lucy!"

"You're welcome. Faith, I know you want apple juice. RJ, what do you want to drink?"

"Apple juice sounds good to me too!" The Prince replied.
"You got it. I'll be right back."

Lucy returned to the kitchen, and opened the fridge. Her husband, who was busy washing the dishes, turned to look at her.

"Are the kids satisfied?"
"Seems like it." She pulled out the container of apple juice, "I kinda like having RJ here. He's so cute."

"And to believe you're annoyed by Rex so much." The Special laughed.

"RJ isn't Rex. He's much different. That's number one of the reasons that make him tolerable."

The Special's Wife moved towards the nearby cabinet, opening it, and taking out two plastic cups. One in the color magenta, and one in light blue.

She poured an equal amount of juice into each cup, before putting it back into the fridge. As she picked the cups up, she turned towards her husband.

"I just enjoy seeing our daughter happy. And she's at her happiest with him. They've been through a lot together. I still can't believe all of that stuff happened."

"Yeah, me neither."
"...I still think it's Rex's karma. Just saying."

She entered the living room again, placing the two cups on the coffee table. She once again, showed a smile.

"There you go." She bent down, kissing Faith's cheek, "Let me know if you kids needed anything else. RJ, your parents texted. Everything is taking longer than expected, but they should only be a couple hours more."

"Okay! Do you know what Watevra is having them do anyway?"

"I'm not sure. Probably just some important, royal stuff."