{12}: "Mother and Son"

Marie rushed into the Syspocalypstar hospital, and walked up to the front desk in a panicked hurry. The click of her heels throughout the quiet area increased the tension.

The patients in the waiting room looked at her, as she walked up to the front desk. They picked up on her panic, and became concerned.

"Your Highness!" The woman at the desk greeted her, "I'm happy that you came so quickly. They informed you of Prince Rex's accident, yes?"

"Is he okay?!" The Princess asked in a worried tone.

"Yes, he should be awake by now. He's in room one twenty. The doctor will discuss more with you, but it looks like he's going to be just fine."

"Gosh, I always tell him to be careful. He made me so scared."

"Well, on the bright side, he did manage to capture the criminal. That's another great job done on his part."

Marie nodded, then turned, proceeding to Rex's assigned hospital room. She signed deeply, and pushed her hair back.

It had been the first time that her husband was sent to the hospital after a job, and she was worried. Before, they didn't even tell her how bad it was.

With the receptionist's words, she felt some much needed relief. She was having a really rough start to her morning.

After a short walk, she entered the hospital room, and noticed Rex on a hospital bed. He had bandages wrapped around his head, and had his right arm in a cast.

He wasn't sitting back, but sideways on the bed. His expression consisted of an agitated pout. His messy hair, and tired eyes added to his clear frustration.

"Honey!" Marie stepped in front of him, "How badly does it hurt?"

The Prince stared into his wife's eyes, "...he pushed me off a cliff."

"Oh, My Love."
"But I dragged him down with me, and he broke my fall. Well...kind of."

His wife gently touched his cheek, and leaned her forehead into his. She was glad he was okay, but it was a painfully obvious several weeks of recovery for him.

"Do you know what they did with the criminal?"
"The loser's in another room, but after he's released, he's going to prison. That's what they told me anyway."

The Doctor suddenly walked into the room, knocking on the door frame. "Hello, Your Highness."

"Doctor Glitterfield." Marie turned, "Thank you so much for taking care of him."

"No need to thank me. The Prince is really tough, and he should be able to go home today, but of course, I need to discuss things with you."

The Princess nodded, and sat down beside her husband. The Doctor stepped in front of them, and flipped through the various papers on his clipboard.

"Prince Rex broke his forearm, and sustained a concussion. He has pain in other parts of his body, but thankfully, it's just pain and a few bruises."

"Goodness." Marie frowned.

"The criminal is worse, but don't worry, he's fine."
"Unfortunately." Rex added quietly.

"This evening, I can send you home, because you seem to be doing okay, but it's important that he's observed closely for the next two days."

"Of course I'll take care of him. I love him more than anything. You can trust that he's safe in my care." She touched his hand, and glanced at him.

"I have no doubt, Your Highness. It's clear to all of us how much you love him. I'll send you home with all the medication you need, and a list of arm care instructions. It's best to keep it elevated, and on average, it takes eight to twelve weeks to heal."