𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐑𝐀: 𝐓𝐖𝐎

BIRTHDAY FRENZY

I AWOKE TO the smell of freshly baked pastries

I AWOKE TO the smell of freshly baked pastries. The aroma filled my senses as I sighed in delight. I jumped out of bed with excitement, knowing exactly what day it was today. A special day that only comes once every year.

It's our birthday!

I hastily changed out of my pajamas and into my uniform, the button-up half done and my tie crooked, but I didn't care. I summoned Echo, who helped me collect all the wrapped-up gifts; seven in total.

How did I get these you may ask? Let's just say that the security guards had a hard time trying to catch me...

"Happy birthday, Echo." I said, my face beaming.

"Happy birthday, Darling." He replied back, patting my head. Echo stored the presents in his compartment, making sure to hide them from my other siblings; the gifts disappeared in his stomach.

He then dissipated as I descended the stairs. I skipped into the kitchen, where I spotted Grace baking our birthday cake. "Good morning, Mom!" I chirped, gazing up at her with a bright smile.

"You're up early." Her angelic voice spoke. She plopped down her spoon and went to embrace me in a warm hug. Stroking my hair and brushing it behind my ear, she sent me her signature white smile.

"Happy birthday." She picked up a party hat and placed it on my head, adjusting the string from under my chin.

"Thanks, Mom."

I looked around and noticed all the ingredients and bowls on the counters. "Do you need help preparing the food?" I asked, gesturing to the clutter. Grace turned to the bowl of cookie dough and grabbed the spoon. My mouth drooled as I stared at the dough-covered spoon.

"Just smidge. If you don't mind."

~~~☂️~~~

I assisted Grace with baking but had to resign before I burnt the whole house down. While she was fixing up my clumsy mistakes, I set the table and decided to decorate the mansion. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and beamed proudly as I stared at my creation. The living room was neatly decorated with colorful ribbons, balloons, and streamers.

By now, each sibling made their way downstairs, a smile on each of their faces once they caught a whiff of the sweet aroma. I greeted all of them with a 'happy birthday' and party hats.

Seven siblings were now celebrating and cheering, having fun as thirteen-year-olds should. But my smile turned upside down. There was one missing. I rushed up the stairs and made my way toward my best friend's room.

Instead of knocking, I kicked his door open, making the boy in his bed jump. Inside revealed a still sleeping Five– well, was sleeping. I heard him groan in annoyance as he pulled the blankets over him, covering his irritated face.