𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

MEET THE FAMILY

Strange - Celeste
"0:35 ───────── -5: 32,

NUMEROUS SHADOWY HANDS gripped my legs, pulling me into the pitch-black abyss

NUMEROUS SHADOWY HANDS gripped my legs, pulling me into the pitch-black abyss. Despite my thrashing and kicking, there were far too many. I felt myself sinking deeper as they increased and engulfed my figure. I reached a hand for someone– anyone. Nothing. My lungs failed, and my cries were muffled. My body hobbled as the ethereal hands immersed me; drowning in the total blackness.

"She is destined to complete Project Oblivion."

A blaring alarm echoed off the walls, ringing irritably in my ears. Cold sweat dribbled down my forehead as I jolted awake, my eyes widening in panic.

"Five!" I shouted, the words slipping off my tongue like ice. Tears streamed from my swollen eyes, my racing pulse filled my ears. I frantically wiped the sweat from my forehead and placed a hand over my beating heart. My words baffled me, and my brows wrinkled.

What did I just say? I pondered for a few seconds, trying to remember the strange dream I had. God, that was such a weird dream. Wait... what was I dreaming about?

There was not a moment of rest when something shot out of my torso. I shrieked as the exquisite blue being spiraled and crashed into a bookshelf. The books rattled and tumbled on him, along fell the alarm clock.

"God damn it!" Echo hissed and massaged his sore head. He shook himself, regaining his composure. After years of not being able to see the fiend, today was the day he finally showed up. I couldn't believe my eyes, he was actually here, right in front of me.

"You... You finally came out?" I muttered in bewilderment. My body trembled either in elation or horror. The way the sun shined brightly on him, a spotlight focused on the blue creature. He stared at me with a smile; his smug attitude irked me.

"My dear, I've came out decades ago." Echo responded with a chuckle. A sigh left my lips, shaking my head; there was his sarcastic remarks. I was happy to see him, truly, but nothing could change the past. How could he just pop back into my life like nothing happened?

"But seriously. How can you show your face again after that stunt you pulled?" I questioned, definitely not forgetting what he had done to my family and me. There was a frown on my face, but he didn't seem to notice.

"You've got to be more specific than that. I've pulled a ton of stunts." He replied, a sly smirk on his face. My forehead creased, staring at him in wonder. He seemed... different. He didn't have that same aura anymore.

Back when we were little, he'd always have this feeling of hatred toward my family. But I didn't feel that anger, all I could feel was happiness in his soul. This almost made me scoff. Echo had never felt happiness before, especially in this household.