Chapter 14: Rebuilding

Maya watched as Shiva dragged the minister by his hair infront of the entirety of the nation. Everyone from the king to the farmer were present.

"My beloved citizens." Shiva greeted. "Me and rajkumari have found the cause of the current condition of our home." He threw the man onto the stage which was visible to everyone.

Roku, bruised and beaten peeked out of his black eyes and saw the angry faces of everyone.

He was pulled up by Shiva who turned to the crowd. "Tell me my subjects, what will be his punishment?"

The king talked to the advisors as they discussed with the common folk.

Within a few minutes, it was decided that the punishment will be given by Maya.

The culprit saw the smiling face of the princess as he tried to speak, but his voice didn't co-operate.

"Casting an evil eye on my nation, my citizens right infront of me." She walked towards him. "That itself was enough for me. But sending the army of innocent soldiers into the mouths of death and putting them-" she motioned to the crowd. "-in danger. You're sins are far to great to repent."

Roku escaped Shiva's grip as he fell to her feet begging for forgiveness. "Please! Princess! I have made a grave mistake! Forgive my foolishness!"

"Forgiveness is asked when we realise our mistake and want to repent with a pure heart." Maya looked down on him. "Not when we try to escape the consequences."

She stepped back and clearly spoke. "I, crown princess Maya, with my citizens as my witness, curse you, Roku. Many people wish for immortality as a boon but I give it to you as a curse. You shall live on this Earth until the Sun disappears from the sky. No living beings will look at you nor will anyone help you out. Each second on Earth will be equal to hell. You skin shall burn and regrow at the same time."

Roku felt his skin heat up as Shiva swiftly dragged him away from everyone. His screams of pain could still be heard as Zuko walked close to Maya, who had dismissed the crowd.

He couldn't say anything so, he thought the only logical think to do was to hug her.

Zuko pulled Maya into his arms and held her close. He could smell the faint fragrance of mint and rose. Maya smiled to herself and hugged back.

Time skip

Maya bid goodbye to Zuko as he waved from the receding airship.

The princess met with Shiva as the two summoned Vishwakarma. The architect of the gods bowed to them as they gave him the conditions on which the new country had to be built.

The god asked the two for some of their energy to help him make the city faster to which they agreed.

The two returned to the palace and were greeted by Ashok.

He pulled the princess to the stage as Shiva's father took him.

"Greetings citizens. There is something important I would like to announce before the auspicious time passes, as the fire nation minister had cast an evil eye on our pure Dhanloka. It is time we get rid of it.

Our nation shall be reborn as Dwarikanagri or Dwarka for short.

Our future queen, Maya shall also be known as Dwarkeshwari."

Maya bowed to her father as they both got off stage.

Shiva and his father walked up as his father continued. "Shiva, my only son, along with princess Maya had single handedly protected all of us and they have already started the rebuilding of Dhanlok- no, Dwarka. Hence, I have decided to step down as prime minister and allow my son to take my place."

The crowd cheered loudly when Vishwakarma called for the two divine beings. They excused themselves as the met with him.

He gave them a quick tour of the entire nation.

The mountains were made taller for better protection. A protective wall surrounded the civilisation with entrances facing the four directions, each having a pair of massive stone statues as the gatekeepers.

The very outskirts had massive open fields and houses scattered in a neat manner. "This is were the farmers and cultivators will reside. They have open areas aswell as the most fertile lands in the entire world."

They walked a but inwards as blank walls and houses came into view. "As you had said, I kept them black so that the artists and merchants could make it however they liked. This area has a clear view of the scenery of the simple houses of the farmers to the luxury houses at the heart of the city.

"We have our market in the very middle ring so it is accessible to all both for selling and buying." He showed around the empty shops and stalls.

"Next up we have the homes of the ministers, soldiers, advisors and everyone who plays an important role in our court. Their houses have been placed near the palace with is in the centre of not only the nation, but the island as well." Vishwakarma showed around.

The thing which caught Maya's eyes was the architect's attention to detail. Each of the houses had intriguing patterned engraved in them.

Water canals flowed through the city all connected to the holy rivers from the mountains.

The temples had the epics engraved into them. The temples stood high and proud, their dark stone contrasted against the marble buildings around it.

The streets had lamps, there was a working water system and each of the houses was completely furnished with the belongings of the owners in them.

The architect saw the pleased expression on both their faces and felt proud of himself. He bowed to them and left for the heavens.

The palace's appearance had also been changed to match its surrounding. There were statues of lions, elephants and tigers all around the kingdom. The tips of the houses and temples were gold plated. The palace was huge, it had lush gardens, luxurious rooms and it increased the beauty of the country.

____________________

Rajkumari- princess

Vishwakarma - hindu architect of the gods

Dwarikanagri or Dwarka- 'dwar' means entrance. The place to attain liberation

Dwarkeshwari- queen of Dwarka