Professor Snape entered the room, closing all the shutters on the window making the room dark.
He was taking over for professor Lupin. He lowered a white screen.

"Turn to page three hundred and nighty four. Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page three hundred and nighty four," Snape spoke to the class. Ella turned her pages, reading the title. Werewolves? "Now which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf? No one? How disappointing."

Hermiones hand was up in the air. "Please sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend. The werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

Draco howled to insult her. Goyle and Crabbe laughed. Ella minded her business, reading over the textbook.

"Thank you Mr Malfoy. That's the second time you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know it all? Five points from Gryffindor."

Draco wrote on a piece of paper, folding it into a bird and blew it to Ella. She was surprised, looking up from her textbook to see Draco looking at her. She slowly opened the bird to see a message written on the paper.

Ella care to join me on the upcoming Hogmeade trip?

Ella thought for a moment before writing her answer on the paper. She crumpled it into a ball and tossed it back to him.

"As an antidote to your ignorance and on my day by Monday morning two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis on recognizing it."

Harry spoke up, "but it's quidditch tomorrow."

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr Potter. Lose of limb will not excuse you. Page three hundred and nighty four."

...

Today was the day of the Hogsmeade trip. Ella was slightly nervous as a week or so ago Draco had given her that note. She handed in her signed paper to Filch and followed the crowd to the village.

She spotted him with Crabbe and Goyle, they were walking to the Shireking Shack. She kept her distance, hiding behind a tree when they approached Ron and Herimone.

"Well, well. Look who's here," Draco said smirking. "You two shopping for your new dream home? Bit grand for you, inst it, Weasle-Bee? Don't your family sleep in one room?"

"Shut your mouth, Malfoy," Ron spoke irritated.

"Not very friendly. Boys, and girl, I think it's time we teach Weasle-Bee how to respect his superiors."

Hermione stepped forward. "Hope you don't mean yourself."

"How dare you talk to me! You filthy little mudblood!"

A snowball hit Draco's arm. Everyone looked that way but saw no one.

"Who is that?" he called out, confused.

Another snowball came and hit Draco in the chest. "Ouch!"

They kept coming and coming, hitting Draco and his friends. They began to run off.

He shoved Crabbe, "don't stand there! Do something!"

"What?"

All of a sudden there toques were pulled over their eyes and their pants pulled down. The two friends fell to the snow. Draco being dragged by his feet.

Ron shouted, "what's up Malfoy? Lost your skis?"

They all got up and ran off. Draco leaving his two friends behind.

"Malfoy! wait! wait!" Crabbe called after him.

Ella walked out from behind the tree, following after Draco. She sat down on a bench, wiping off the snow. He noticed her.

"Hey there you are," he said brushing snow out of his hair.

"I changed my mind," she said picking up some snow, playing with it in her hands.

Draco's eyebrows frowned. "Changed your mind about what?"

"Going to Hogsmeade with you. I saw what you said to Ron and Herimone, that wasn't very nice," she said dropping the snow at her feet.

"Well don't worry I didn't mean it. Didn't think you were that stupid to believe I'd ask you!" he said stomping off in the snow.

Ella shook her head. He'll never change. He'll always be a bully.

...

Winter went by fast and Ella overheard in class that today was that beasts execution since it attacked Draco.

Ella decided to go for a stroll after Divination class only to run into Malfoy, again. He was with Crabbe and Goyle, huddled behind a rock looking down at Hagrid's shack. She sat down by a tree and opened her book.

"What did I say? Father said I can keep the Hippogriffs head. I'll donate it to the Gryffindors room. This is going to be rich," Draco said to his friends. Ella listened in. "Come to see the show?" Draco asked as they all were smirking.

Hermione came storming up to them. Ron and Harry kept some distance.

"You! You foul, loathsome, evil little cockroach!" she shouted putting her wand to his neck.

"Hermione no!" Ron shouted. "He's not worth it."

Ella put her book down noticing how fast things happened. Draco started to cry slightly. The wand digging into his chin. She lowered her wand and he began to smirk again but what he wasn't expecting was for her to punch him right in the face.

"Ouch," Ella mumbled as she watched his nose begin to bleed. The three boys ran off to the hospital wing for sure. "Nice punch," she called out to the Golden Trio.

They looked at her. "Thanks," Herimone said before they walked away to Hagrid's shack. Ella felt content seeing Draco get what he deserved.

Third year ended very quickly after that and Ella wondered what was in store for next year.