Iyan

Hyacinth languished in a milk bath infused with rose oil, flowerheads, and leaves floating around, allowing the anxiety that had plagued her that day to roll off her in waves

Hyacinth languished in a milk bath infused with rose oil, flowerheads, and leaves floating around, allowing the anxiety that had plagued her that day to roll off her in waves. She hadn't been privy to the conversations Professor McGonagall and her parents had had before or after her arrival, and honestly, she didn't care to know. She assumed her presence was only needed as proof of her existence. 

Hyacinth had had enough of being a child and yet being expected to have adult conversations about things she didn't understand, such as war. She was glad to leave the adult talk to the actual adults for once.

She remained in the bath until her fingertips wrinkled and the milk became cool. After washing her hair in her neroli-scented hair products, she exited the tub. She wrapped herself in a large fluffy towel, putting her long hair into a towel turban before leaving the bathroom into her bedroom, where she found Draco.

Hyacinth gasped and tried to hide behind the bathroom door, so he wouldn't see her state of undress, making him laugh.

"No need to worry, Hyacinth, I'm gay," he explained, glee in his voice causing her cheeks to burn in embarrassment. 

She hurried into her walk-in closet to find something comfortable to wear and called out into the bedroom.

"What brings you here, Dray?" she asked, surveying the shelves and hangers. 

Draco seemed to hover in the doorway before he entered the closet, picking up an oversized cream cable knit jumper and black slacks before handing them to Hyacinth. She smiled at him gratefully as he stepped back into the bedroom and out of her line of sight, giving her privacy to change.

 She smiled at him gratefully as he stepped back into the bedroom and out of her line of sight, giving her privacy to change

"I was just wondering if you would like to accompany me to Hogsmeade tomorrow afternoon?" he asked from her bedroom. "The Weasley twins have left school and opened a new joke shop. From what I hear, they have disowned their family," he elaborated, making Hyacinth's eyes widen in surprise. 

She hastily dried her hair with a nifty spell Bella had taught her that left her hair dry and smooth before she speedily pulled her hair into a braided bun and rushed into her bedroom.

She looked at Draco, scepticism in her eyes, and he sighed, rolling ice-blue eyes at her reaction.

"Look, I know you feel like you can't trust the Weasley's but I think them disowning the rest of the family speaks volumes. Besides that, the twins weren't too bad; they seemed to be the only genuine ones out of the whole lot of them," he said, and Hyacinth squinted her eyes at him in suspicion, "What?" he asked, noticing her squint-eyed stare.

"What has you singing their praises?" She asked, a slight teasing lilt to her voice causing Draco's usually pale skin to flush a bright red.

He sputtered momentarily before answering, "I just think that we should go see what their deal is, that's all. Besides, they were practically Slytherins with some of the pranks they pulled. At least they made school a little less boring," He rambled, and Hyacinth hummed in doubt. 

"Ok," she said, "I'll come with you; it's not like I'll be recognised anyway."