•X•

|||

CHAPTER TEN
-superhero blues-

CHAPTER TEN -superhero blues-

|||

The next couple days were quiet, and Peter was starting to get a little suspicious. He thought the fire monster would've attacked the city by now, but so far nothing has happened much to his relief. There was still no sign of Mysterio anywhere in the city, which pretty much meant that Peter had to deal with this on his own if anything happened.

A large part of him was grateful for the silence.

It allowed him to stay with Luna and make sure his friends were safe. He was able to feel normal again on this trip, being allowed to attend the light show festival on the first night and then the theater show everyone attended on the second night.

He pretty much forgot about the whole thing.

May called him a couple times, already hearing about the situation that took place in Venice, and she was relieved that she packed Peter's suit in the first place. Even though he still has yet to use it, it gave the woman a sense of comfort to know that he was prepared.

All they did during their time here was do a lot of sightseeing, spending time learning about new things and admiring the city around them.

Peter found himself letting his guard down, no longer worrying about the potential threat he was warned about. If nothing was happening, then there was nothing he could do about it.

Just when Peter thought he was in the clear, a phone call from Nick Fury was waking him up in the middle of the night.

The boy groaned as he cursed under his breath, answering the phone and listening to Fury's straightforward demands. He was forced to get out of bed and get dressed to meet the spy and Mysterio at their temporary layout.

He was there in under 15 minutes, his back leaning against the wall with his arms lazily crossed and his tired eyes looking back and forth between Nick and Beck as they talked about their next plan to go forward.

"That thing should be here any day now." Fury interlocked his fingers over the table. "You need to be ready."

"They still won't evacuate the city." Maria Hill sighed in frustration as she looked over the coordinates on the screen.

"Why not?" Peter questioned. "Shouldn't they take this threat seriously?"

"There's only so much we can do to get people to cooperate." Nick told him with a deep sigh.

"You made us come to this city." The boy couldn't help but raise his voice. "There's people I care about here. My friends and Luna could be in danger because of this."

"That is why you have to do everything you can to protect them." Nick talked over the boy. "That's what we're trying to tell you, Parker. There's no time to sit there and whine about how much this situation sucks."