•XIV•

|||

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
-i just miss him-

CHAPTER FOURTEEN-i just miss him-

|||

Everything went so wrong, so fast.

Tracking down Nick Fury was already difficult on its own, but Peter wasn't even prepared for what would happen next. He didn't have time to think anything through in order to conduct a proper plan before Mysterio showed up and made sure to end Spider-Man for good.

In a span of 12 hours, there were so many things Peter went through that should've left him dead. He was so distraught, and he was felt his body slowly give up from the trauma he was experiencing.

Mysterio was a lot stronger than Peter ever anticipated. The man nearly killed him more times than he could count.

As Spider-Man tried to warn Nick Fury before anything drastic happened, it seemed like Mysterio knew exactly when to show up in order to stop the boy from ruining his plan. He was always one step ahead.

He controlled dozens of drones that had the ability to hit Peter right where it hurt the most. Beck knew just what he needed to do to get Spider-Man out of his way.

It was too much to handle, even for Peter Parker who thought he'd seen it all.

He didn't know how to stop Beck without getting himself killed.

Mysterio had the ability to show Peter his worst fears.

With the power of the drones, they drowned out any sense of reality Spider-Man obtained. They forced Peter to witness dark and disturbing illusions that made him go crazy.

He tried to run from them, but they followed him everywhere he went. He tried to fight off any monster that approached him through these visions, but he had to remind himself that they weren't real.

No matter where he looked, Mysterio had him under this instense fear that seemed impossible to know wasn't real. The illusions created a life that Peter never wanted to live.

Beck's voice kept invading his ears, each sentence coming out harsher than the last. The man took every chance he got to tell Peter he wasn't good enough.

"You're a failure."

The illusions showed the hero a life without being Spider-Man..

A life without his friends..

A life without May..

And the most extreme vision of all was being shown his life without Luna.

Beck was hiding from him. He used his power to distract Spider-Man by showing him the deepest depths of his worst fears.

He made the boy believe that Tony's death was all his fault, the hero sacrificing himself just to save those who didn't deserve it. If it weren't for Peter's reckless decisions, Tony could still be alive. Beck convinced him that Luna was living a miserable life by being with him. He made Peter believe he was unworthy of love and that he was selfish for putting everyone at risk.