•XL•

|||

CHAPTER FORTY
-words hurt-

CHAPTER FORTY-words hurt-

|||

It was in everyone's best interest to get back to normal.

As hard as it was to do, it didn't hurt to try.

Peter Parker was done trying to figure out a way to possibly have a normal life, and he soon realized that it was never going to happen.

He made peace with it as the weeks passed.

Luna and Peter filled their time with work, both of them being swamped with their own jobs and working long hours.

It got easier to deal with after a while.

Peter was spending a lot of time with Ned when the two boys would hang out without their wives. It allowed them to catch up on what's been going on with their jobs and personal life. It was times like this when Peter was reminded of high school and how much time has passed since then.

The boy was spending all of his time with work, going back to his usual routine of annoying Happy all hours of the day.

It made him feel a sense of peace and he was thankful for the small moments of normalcy.

He'd been in the labs for hours now on the computer, filling out the week's inventory for tech equipment. It was a boring day to say the least, but at least it occupied his day.

Biting down on his pen, Peter's eyes scanned every word on the computer screen before signing and delivering emails, wanting to make sure everything was good before he would work on building new tech support and radio control.

Happy Hogan walked through the automatic glass doors, going straight to where Peter was sitting as the boy kept his focus on the screen.

Slapping a newspaper in front him, Peter's attention was ripped away from the computer as he looked down and glanced at the papers.

"What's this?" He raised an eyebrow.

"This morning's paper." The man replied. "Have you read it?"

"No, am I supposed to?"

"Look at the title on the front page."

Sighing, Peter glanced down again to get a better look, immediately frowning when he saw his name in big bold letters at the top.

PETER AND LUNA PARKER HEADED FOR DIVORCE

The boy scoffed at the dramatic headline. He couldn't help but laugh.

"Wow, they really went big this time." He shook his head. "Wonder who's bright idea came up with that."

"A lot of people are talking about it."