•XXIV•

|||

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
-up and out-

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR-up and out-

|||

Luna was practically jumping up and down in excitement the moment Peter informed her of their upcoming plans to go to Pennsylvania. She could feel the relief engulf her body, and she was already looking forward to the entire trip.

The week quickly flew by, and before Peter knew it, it was the morning of the first day of their little getaway from the city.

Peter had to admit how impressed he was when Vanessa managed to get everyone to agree. It was going to be a full house, the group also including a couple more people.

Aubrey Morgan was bringing her new boyfriend who everyone still had yet to meet, so she figured this trip was the perfect opportunity to introduce him to her friends.

Ned invited Betty to tag along, which worked out for him when his girlfriend was more than happy to come.

Luna was hesitant to invite Alex Walker, fully aware that he and Peter weren't on the best terms, but also knowing that Peter accepted and supported her friendship with him. Even though he was clearly surprised by the idea, the boy found himself agreeing to the suggestion. He trusted that he didn't have anything to worry about, and since this whole thing was planned by his own friend, it was only right to make Luna comfortable with it as well.

Packing their bags, Luna finished up putting last minute things in her suitcase before zipping it up. She was waiting for Peter to get out of the shower, both of them planning to head out in the next hour to pick up Ned and Betty.

A text message appeared on Luna's phone screen on the nightstand. She picked it up to see an incoming message from Aubrey.

Aubs: Did you get the package yet?!

With a small pout, Luna concentrated on the text in confusion as she replied.

What package?

Aubs: I ordered something for you to take to the cabin. My email says it was delivered to your house earlier so it should be on your porch.

Luna was intrigued as she walked out of the bedroom, making her way downstairs and to the front door as she tapped on her phone.

What'd you get me?

Aubs: Just open it ;)

Rolling her eyes at the potential prank that was about to be pulled on her, Luna opened the door and immediately spotted a small brown package near the doormat. She quickly picked it up and went back inside, strolling back to the bedroom to hear the shower still running.

Luna set the box down on the bed before tearing open the tape and unfolding the stiff flaps.

"Oh my God-"