The second season. (Catra pov.)

You know that feeling when you hit the ball so hard it feels like it breaks your wrist? Or that feeling when you can't breathe because you are running so damn hard? Well, that's how I feel right now. Running from the home plate to first is easy, but then there's the turn that leads you to second. Then you're in trouble, like I am now, when the outfield has thrown the ball to the third baseman. The trouble is, do I stay at second, or try to make it to third?

     When people say go with your gut, don't take it literally. The move I made was the same one that coach had made when they played for the team. Just like coach had done a few years ago, I ran.  The third baseman lunged at me and would have got me if I didn't time my next move correctly. I jumped right over him and made it to third. 

     But that wasn't enough. I continued to run. The ball flew past me, and the catcher caught it, getting ready to come at me. She was shorter and a hell of a lot faster. Damn it, Catra! I knew I should have gone back, but I was too close to home. "Catra! What on earth are you doing!?" Coach yelled, signaling for me to run back to third. I simply shook my head and hoped that football had helped me loosen up a little. I went hard, faster than I have ever gone. I was getting closer to the catcher and, at the last second, I ducked down and slid in between her legs. Her glove just barely missed my hand, and I slid right over home plate. 

Right. Over.

     I was going too fast and couldn't stop myself. Instead of stopping after the plate, I ended up crashing into the fence that surrounds the field. I felt my leg bend in a way that it shouldn't have and heard something snap. I didn't care if it was my leg, the fence, a bat, or a twig. I had just gotten us into the championships.

     The entire team came running out, cheering and laughing. I got up and gritted my teeth as I put weight on my right foot. Y/N came up to me and jumped up, wrapping her arms around my neck. "You did it, Catra!" She said, giving me a kiss on the cheek. Adora snuck up behind me and lifted me up. What surprised me about that was I was still holding Y/n, and Adora lifted us like we weighed nothing. Coach came up to me and patted my right leg and gave me a knowing look. "Make sure you put some ice on that." They whispered. I nodded, not letting go of either Adora or y/n. 

     "After party at my place!" Adora shouted, causing me to laugh. She set y/n and I down and took my hand. I smiled up at her and looked over at y/n, who had already taken my other hand. I knew that this was going to be a long night, especially with me staying with the two people I care about the most. I looked forwards and, out of the corner of my eye, I saw y/n put something in her pocket. What's she hiding?

Hey y'all! Sorry for not updating a whole bunch. I have been busy with school and golf. Principals of Engineering is kicking my ass and so is Web Game Development. I hope all of you have had a good year so far. Guess who's sixteen now! Me, but I turned sixteen in august. I am also a single pringle and proud to say it. And I'm a trans demiboy. 

Welp, I'll post later. Sorry, this is short, I know, but I'm trying to build up some suspense. Stay hella gay. Love y'all.