Semifinals

Y/n pov:

It's been a few months since school started, and the softball team and I have won almost every single game we've played this year. Coach DT told us, since we've won majority of our games, we've been selected to go up against the best team on Etheria, the Shadows. The Shadows are the players from the old orphanage I used to be in, and I have to agree with Coach, they are the best. But, that was when I was on the team. Since I'm on the Greyskull team, hopefully we'll have a chance.

As I'm walking to the field, I see Kyle and Rogelio talking. Kyle looks over at me and waves, a smile on his face. I smile and wave back, saying a quick hello before going to the field and meeting with the team. As soon as I get there, I notice Adora and Catra are smiling, and the other players seem nervous. "What's going on?" I ask, looking around at my teammates. Skylar looks at me and says, "Lonnie's been kicked off the team and expelled." I smirk, "Why would the school do that?" As if to answer my question, Coach DT points at me. "Me?" I ask, pointing to myself. Coach nods and says, "Yes, you. Principal Spiers heard about how Lonnie had been harassing you, and she decided it wasn't okay." I nod, looking at the ground.

Catra puts her arm around my shoulders and mumbles, "Serves her right." I chuckle and lean my head on her shoulder, looking at Coach. "So, we're still gonna be playing the Shadows?" Adora asks, scratching the back of her neck. Coach nods and smiles. "Of course we are.  There's nothing that can stop us from playing against them."

The team cheers and smiles. I sigh and lift my head off of Catra's shoulder, hearing a soft sound come from her throat in protest. I chuckle and grab my helmet and bat. "So, we gonna start practice or what?" I ask, a smirk on my face. Upon hearing my question, everyone else grabs their mitts, helmets, and bats.

(After practice bc I'm tired af)

As soon as practice is over, I go to my bag, seeing Catra sitting by it with somethinv in her hands. "You okay Catra?" I ask, my anxiety rising. She shakes her head and shows me what's in her hands. It's a Marlboro box. MY Marlboro box. I snatch it out of her hands and toss it in my bag. "You shouldn't be doing that, Y/n." She says, a sad look in her eyes. "Yeah, and you shouldn't go through other people's stuff." I snap, glaring at her.

I pick up my bag and sling it over my shoulder, walking back towards the school. Catra grabs my arm before I'm out of the dugout, and I yank my arm out of her hand. "Just stop." I say, giving her the best death-glare I can manage. She looks at me like I'm crazy, but she eventually gives up. I turn and walk away, hearing Asora and Catra's voices fading behind me.

(Thank you all for being so patient with me! I know I've left you all on a cliff hanger for a long time.😭 I'm sorry about that. Anyways, I should be able to update this more often now. Stay hella gay! Love you.)