sixteen

_______________

_______________

THE QUESTION hit raelynn like a bus. her heart sunk to her stomach, she's never been asked that question before and she didn't know how to react.

of course she loved him, truly. but how was she supposed to answer this life counting question? furrowing her eyebrows, her grip loosened on his fingers. she looked down at her foot and crossed her arms, thinking.

tristan was now worried like crazy. terrible scenarios warped around his mind as he kept watching the blue eyed girl, hoping she would say 'yes' or any form of that. maybe even a kiss or a hug would answer his delightful question.

raelynn looked back up, still pondering on the question but looking at him in hopes he had either realized or was still trying. and he was still holding eye contact.

she looked down once more, and back up. finally having her poor little answer. "i- yes. of course tristan." a smile grew on the two teens faces, a big yell and many giggles followed after and began surrounding the two, raelynn looked behind tristan to see brady, jacob, olivia, lyla, AND amelia, all huddled up together peeking out from the side of the wall. "the heck?" raelynn stuttered out, or she managed to before hands engulfed her.

three pairs of arms wrapped her in a circle, she could tell it was the three girls. she thinks lyla was the most ecstatic, she was after all the first one to know and the one who would giggle whenever she would rant on about how beautifully tristan looked in any picture or form of video that his face was shown in.

she was his biggest fan before she knew she even was in the same school as him, how did she not notice he was right behind her in chemistry? how he would smile when he could hear her sweet laugh, maybe he was more head over heels for her than she was for him. and he had been for a while, 2 months at least.

what raelynn didn't know, is the day that they technically met, he purposely bumped into her. he wanted to see her reaction, and wanted to be able to brush his hand over hers like those cringy teen romance movies from the 2000s.

yeah, their love was exactly like those movies.

and now the rain fogged around everyone, only ever so slightly where they could only feel small drops of it, and they didn't care. raelynn loved it.

HOURS LATER, tristan, brady, and jacob had posted videos about their experience at universal horror nights. raelynn posted around one picture on her snapchat story, and that was about it. she didn't feel like posting it on instagram or tiktok, knowing she'd get way more hate than she already did ever since she became friends with him.

if anyone from his fandom found out the two were together, it was gonna be over for her.

one last fan came up to the group before they cut the night short and went back to their hotels / homes, and the fan rolled her eyes at raelynn, only brady noticed. he didn't put his arm around the girl like he did with everyone else, he kept his hands together and slightly winked at rae, making her smile at him.

to her surprise, the girl finally walked up to her but to only try and randomly put raelynn in her place. brady and tristan watched closely, they got the attention of olivia, which her short temper was already an inch away from pouncing on the girl like a cat.

rae smiled at the girl, attempting to make her like her. the fan looked at her once, before glancing back at the rest of them. "can tristan get in this picture? i don't feel comfortable with this." she pleaded, raelynn let out a small 'oh' before moving a bit to put tristan where she was.

ruru speaks ! 💥:
idk how to feel about this chapter ,, my writing has gotten so bad and i barely have motivation