Thirty-Four.

Time flew on as I observed the new home we had begun to make. Eventually some of the wolf-shifters ventured towards the humans and communication began to thrive.

Most of the wolf-shifters who came over were younger men and just like Court said they came over with one purpose. Courtship with any of the single female humans their age.

Living in a predominantly male species made them not care about interspecies relationships as much. I watched in amazement as friendly and romantic relationships began to spawn from within. 

Nothing made me happier than seeing everything fall into place.

Bringing the humans here had been a huge leap of faith. Thorin could've rejected them and sent them away. But he didn't. I was forever thankful for that, but I wasn't quite sure how to thank him for that.

He's the leader of his pack, his mother-in-law can make all the clothes so I wasn't sure what exactly I could give. Maybe when Court has an oven built for me, I could make bread for him and Lotus.

Hypothetically I could make it now if I cover up a pot and leave it over the fire. I could make a sort of oven like structure if I put some effort into it.

I could remember my mom baking things in the fireplace before dad had gotten an oven for us. It's just not as easy as the oven and is easier to mess up. 

Which is why I hadn't been eating much other than meat and the few things that my mom has cooked. Meat isn't my favorite thing to eat. Especially as of now.

I find myself missing the bread and pies I would bake. The delicious wild berries I would pick with Court. Some of them I'd eat right away while most of them would be baked into pies and cooked into syrup and jams.

I found myself standing out in the pasture where Celeste and Starlette were grazing on some hay.

After a long time of thinking I had named the mare Court had bought me. She reminded me of stars with her gorgeous palomino coloring. It was either Starlette or Sunburst and I felt as if Starlette rolled off the tongue easier.

Celeste and Starlette shared a pasture together along with two draft mares. Celeste being a stallion meant he didn't share the pasture well with others besides mares. He didn't mind the geldings, but he preferred to be away from them.

I was spreading out the hay throughout the pasture once more. Not that far out a few of the humans had started a garden for both the horses and them.

"You seem deep in thought my love."

I turned around to see Court walk over to me with a gentle smile on his face.

"Just thinking about everything, mostly the garden and the horses." I murmured.

Court came over and wrapped his arms around me and nestled his face into my neck. His hands brushed over my stomach as he held me to him. I squirmed away when he hit a sensitive spot.

"Are you okay?" Court asked.

"Yes, it's hurts a little right there." I told him as I moved his hand away from my hip.

"Right here?" Court asked brushing his fingers over the left side of my hip.

"Yes, right there now stop." I scolded him with a small tap to his hand.

"Finish up here and I'll go look at it in our little tent." Court told me.

"You're very lucky you actually have us concealed now since you want to undress me." I told him.

"I have us concealed for that very reason. I like you without clothes on." Court mused.

"They would hear us." I told him.