Anger

Ava Anderson

"Ava" I was pulled to the ground by my legs, the bullet nearly missed my head. My heart was beating loudly against my ribcage, I was so close to being shot seconds ago if not Alice who pulled me from under the table.

Gunshots echoed through the air, I watched from under the table how men moved around swiftly. They all wore navy blue suit with the same pair of shoe. Moment later the gunshot ceased, it was only the smell of smoke that filled the air.

I shreaked as I was dragged from under the table, arms wrapped around my waist as I came in contact with a very angry Lorenzo, his face was even more handsome as it was becoming red.

I reacted by smiling cheekily "it was Alice idea" I confessed to his unasked question. From my line of sight Alice was being held by Dante, she was struggling to get out of his hold. Zoe on the other hand stood by our side, she nodded her head when I threw Alice under the bus.

"When will you stop being so stupid?" Lorenzo asked as he dragged me out of the restaurant, I had to walk faster to keep up with his long strides.

I was suprised at the sight of more men and cars parked outside the building but was more suprised at the dead body of the man who wanted to kill me earlier, he had a bullet pierced at the middle of his forehead.

I watched as his body was thrown into the back of a car. That would have been me. I hope he finds peace where ever he finds himself in the beyond.

Lorenzo opened the door of his lamborghini and all but pushed me in "I'm not an object" I yelled, he glared at me before banging the door.

I scoffed ctossing my arm over my chest "How do you cope with him?" I asked the driver.

He didn't reply as the door across mine opened, Lorenzo got in, he was speaking to someone on the phone. My ears perked when I heard he informing one of the men to dispose off the body.

"To the mansion" He gritted through clenched jaw, he shoved the phone into his pocket whilst muttering some Italian words.

The car did not move until the ones at our front were ahead of us. The tension in this space was so thick that even the hardest diamond can't cut through it.

"It was not my fault" I paused trying to see if I can get his attention "How did you get our location?"

"You are never going out with Alice again. Ms Anderson, don't you care about your life?  You would have died if we had gotten there a second late." He stated, he was still angry but his tone was much calmer than earlier.

I bowed my head staring at my fingers which were fidgeting on my legs. He was right, I should not have left his car in the first place.

"I'm sorry, it will not happen again" I said. Lorenzo did not respond but he seemed satisfied and less tensed, he shoulders slumped into the seat at my apology. He probably though I was going to put up a fight.

"I had a tracking device installed in your phone. Alice was taking you guys to expensive places and my money was reducing drastically, I'm sure she stole the card from you" He replied, I turned my head to see him already staring at me. There was something in his eyes that I could not figure out.

Worry? Fear? Sadness?

"Wait. There is a tracking device in my phone? " I asked a rhetorical question. Of course, there would be when it was Marco who gave the phone.

"I was the one who got you the phone. You really have a knack for trouble" He chuckled. This guy is really bipolar, minutes ago he was angry and now, he was smiling brightly.